Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Slingshots

I use two types, stainless steel balls from eBay at 9.5mm (3/8") and I have a lead cast which I think is a No 12.
    Should of got the No 10 I think,
    I Buy the balls in bulk it's cheaper
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

I use .451,cast lead balls,as I have a LEE mould ,for my Muzzle loading pistols,but .38,would prob be better,there is also bags of marbles,often for a pound,(pocket money section).
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I am rubbish at aiming with catapults, but I love them! I like making them too. Out of natural forks mostly but I've had a go at plywood catapults too. I have a few designs although my saw and router aren't very good. I make ammo from a 12mm mould. I have loads of lead. I'm going to get making up some goodies soon. I have an oak natural to finish that I love very much! Just not sure what elastic to put on the top.

I think most catapult makers use Therabands. They come in different colours and thickness, and are readily available in shops and online.

Check out the vids on Youtube, there are loads of them.

You can get Theraband here.

http://www.hampsteadosteopathy.com/Thera-Bands.html

You will more than probably be able to get them cheaper somewhere else but it gives you an idea.

The light one is obviously an easy stretch one and they go up in strength.

Cheers Neil.

What I meant was I didn't know how I should band this particular catapult. I have some Thera band and also some green dub dub. If I go for the tube I'll need to find some leather to make tabs to attach it it to. Although I think that will look quite smart. I'll get on it soon and post a picture.

Nice one. Look forward to the pics.