Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul's 2014

I bet it was something to do with big fires and Camp Blaze
    Yes folk's, we've called the camp "camp blaze"
    Simon has to learn to keep the fire down a bit

Alone in the Wilderness
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    If you are going to have a fire make it a bigun!!lol
    Ok maybe there was the odd mention of why it's called camp blaze... Good day/night out. Decent spot there cheers Paul for showing me camp and the tarp loan. Knot practise required.

Tramp
    Hi Marv, glad you had a good time at Blaze good to know there is other like minded nutters like us in this area, I look forward to meeting you buddy
    Atb Simon

15-16 April

Boing, spring is sprung.

I managed a quick overnighter on Tues night.
    I didn't leave till late, so never arrived to the woods till 18.00.
    I set up my kit & collected enough wood for a good fire, all in double quick time.
    I was all set by about 19.30 half hour before sun down, got the fire going & settled down to a quiet night of fire watching, I just kicked back & relaxed, I keeped the fire going till about midnight then off to bed.

I finally awoke at about 09.00, I must have slept like a log (I woke up in the fireplace, boom, boom !) it was a chilly night but after a good cup of coffee & noodles for breakfast I was feeling great.
    Noodles for breakfast ??? yeah well I just grabbed my bag & went, I knew I had some rations in there, just didn't realise I had so many packs of noodles
    I just sat there in the sun (big yellow thing in the sky) and warmed up, I looked around taking in all the new growth that has gone on in the last few weeks, blue bell's everywhere, new growth on all the trees, creepers bursting into life, the ants out in force, bees & wasps doing their thing, great stuff.
    By the time I decided to start packing up I was down to my tee shirt & thinking about getting some sun block !

Kit packed & ready to go by midday, time to get back to the rat race, things to do, people to meet, and all that jazz.
    I felt nice & refreshed, although the missus thinks I'm anything but refreshed when I get back from a night of fire watching.
    A quick 18 hour trip to recharge the ol batteries & all's right with the world.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    There is never enough time for relaxing

Alone in the Wilderness
    Out this weekend at all? Potentially might hit camp blaze one night.

Cheers chaps.

No Marve, I'm working over the Easter weekend
    Can you remember your way to camp blaze, if not, just set up where you end up.
    Have fun.

Alone in the Wilderness
    Yeah i think i remember mate. Not 100% going yet, working today.

13-14 May

Blimey, the mozzies are back !
    I had a night’s solo camp at my favourite spot, nothing special just a relaxing time.
    I used some jungle formula, roll on mozzie replant, I find this a lot better that the spray on stuff, you can apply it on just the right places & not get covered by the stuff, I roll it on to the back of my hands, the jaw line, ear’s, back of the neck & a little bit on my cheeks, the spray stuff just gets everywhere, in your eyes, on your lips, your fingers, this just makes life a pain, drinking your coffee, eating Etc with the taste of the spray is not to be recommended.
    I have not been bitten since I started using the roll on stuff & it lasts a long time.

I only took my saw & Swiss army knife for my tool kit on this trip, I had no trouble collecting fire wood, and in fact I have left a good pile there for next time.
    The SAK didn’t even get out of the bag.

I found myself dropping off sitting by the fire, checked the time, 10 O’clock & decided to get to bed, after faffing about getting in the hammock & sleeping bag I thought that I’ll not sleep now, I got myself comfy shut my eyes & was out like a light.
    I woke at about 8 the next morning, in exactly the same position as I went to sleep.
    This must have been the best sleep I’ve had in a long time, I might burn my bed at home & set the hammock up in the bed room, not sure what the misses will make of it, but, well, nothing ventured & all that.

Tramp
    Yeah good stuff that jungle formula.
    I've got the 'orrible tasting, eye stinging, sticky, coffee bad tasting bloody spray on stuff "YEEUCK!" Can't get the roll on stuff on this backwoods island that I have the misfortune live on. So what I do to stop all the horrible things to do with the spray is "I bash the little beggers on the head with the can". Works a charm, if you can hit 'em.