Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Small camping stove

Just bought one the same £4.16, off flea bay (99p + £3.17 postage)

Thanks for the heads up / review, just need miniature gas bottles now
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Got 2 of them a couple of years ago 1 without the piezo igniter, both great stoves although the piezo unit has packed up. Also use an adaptor so I can use the cheap £1 cans of gas with them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Co...item5403d2ef01 it also makes the stove more stable as it has a lower profile.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Thanks for the link Rasputin, I have ordered an adapter for £2.66 delivered, I will pay for itself very quickly indeed..
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Got 2 of them a couple of years ago 1 without the piezo igniter, both great stoves although the piezo unit has packed up. Also use an adaptor so I can use the cheap £1 cans of gas with them http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Co...item5403d2ef01 it also makes the stove more stable as it has a lower profile.
    Thanks a bunch. That will save me a bunch. The standard gas box is 5£ here in Norway, the cheap one is 1,4£, and has the same ammount of gas in it!
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Thanks a bunch. That will save me a bunch. The standard gas box is 5£ here in Norway, the cheap one is 1,4£, and has the same ammount of gas in it!
    Sorry It wont save you too much Rune as on the 22/2/14 at the same time as the festival of Jolablot, Ragnarok is going to occur so I wouldnt get too excited, LOL. Ken That is if you believe in the old Norse religion !
    Last edited by Rasputin; 23-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Sorry It wont save you too much Rune as on the 22/2/14 at the same time as the festival of Jolablot, Ragnarok is going to occur so I wouldnt get too excited, LOL. Ken That is if you believe in the old Norse religion !
    Jolablot is never mentioned in any of the sources. You may think of Thorriblot wich in Norway traditionally takes place on Hokunottr, mid winters night on the night betwwen 12th and 13th of january.
    In modern Icelandic tradition the Thorriblot is held in February...

But that is a giant de-railing of the discussion.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

I ordered one of these little burners a couple of weeks ago and it arrived this morning. I bought it from the company link mentioned previously.

These little burners are seriously cheap and are a good bit of kit. I tried it out and a tin mug had a rolling boil within a few minutes. Even if it only lasts a few months, it will have been well worth its money.

If you are looking for a small, lightweight burner for a brewkit, buy one, you won't be dissapointed.

Butane performs very badly in cooler weather, in fact it stops working at around +5c so consider it very much a summer fuel option.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    Butane performs very badly in cooler weather, in fact it stops working at around +5c so consider it very much a summer fuel option.
    I had that problem at a local meet before last Christmas. The camp chip pan was working fine for the first ten minutes. After that it was useless.

The triple fuel cans perform best butane/propane/isobutane mix. I have a couple of small micro stoves and they are great for a quick brew but prefer a 'remote canister' stove where fuel is fed down a line to the burner. If the burner has a pre-heater coil you can invert the gas can (turn upside down) which really boosts performance in really cold weather.
    Richard
    South Wales UK