Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planned Horse Drawn Journey, Hampshire to The Hebrides

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    This is my pony being trained. He was a gypsy trotter. This is the guy advising me
    Penny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdC9a-Gpm0E
    Nice looking pony,with plenty of go!
    Often see Trotting ponies around my location.Sunday mornings,on occasions,the bypass gets blocked off with pickup trucks men with wads of money,in the back."A contest"takes place,n they are gone as fast as they arrived.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I'm no horse fan, but that and the other Barry Hook videos I saw were very enjoyable. I do love to see someone thriving in the privilege of making a career of the thing they love to do.

...sniff ...sniff ...gulp ....<long pause> ...I'm hate my job!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Hobo
    When my ex died at 55, just 6 months after getting his army pension, I decided that life really was too short to spend doing stuff you don't enjoy. Since then I have spent all my money and am nowhere near as secure as I was, but I am doing stuff I enjoy. I have to work, but I don't mind work per se. Sometimes it is necessary to stand back and take a long look at your life. Don't live to regret being "Normal", if you don't like your life, change it!!!! Good luck!
    The Barry Hook videos are fantastic. He is very down to earth and has been a great help. His knowledge of horses is vast and he has a waiting list of about 150 people waiting to send their horses to him.

Hobo
    Just looked at your album of 2 days in the Kent countryside. Reminded me of backpacking down from Scotland to Hants with my dog. I had the dog in my poncho overnight and she slipped her head inside it. Woke up next morning absolutely soaked in condensed dog breath!

thats one hell of a trip! but fun non the less! best of luck with that!
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Hobo
    Job to know what to do first. I think nearer the time that I am going to contact anyone and everyone roughly on my route and see if they can either help with grazing / stable / water, to give the pony a break or fancy joining me for a few days. I see a lot of the members are on my route more or less

Dia dhuit, agus fáilte go dtí an bpobal bushcraft.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Dia dhuit, agus fáilte go dtí an bpobal bushcraft.
    Has your computor stuck on DITTO???????Must have been notified of at least 12 messages of gobbligook!!!lol
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Has your computor stuck on DITTO???????Must have been notified of at least 12 messages of gobbligook!!!lol
    Oh no! The Borg have taken over my computer!
    In all seriousness, I haven't been on here for some time and I'm catching up on greeting new folks .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Welcome buddy
    Sounds like a real adventure, good luck.

Stevie
    When life gets you down...Hammock!
    It's amazing how far away the world can feel when you're suspended just two foot off the ground!