Thread: SPAM or TULIP Chopped Ham,

SPAM or TULIP Chopped Ham,

When I go walk abouts/prospecting,Bacon usually smoked is a staple for me.But doesnt,keep/last for ever.So usually have a tin or two of SPAM,as a back up!BUT this week whilst in B n M's (looking for those "SAUSAGES in LARD",lol.Which I didnt find!)I did find "Tulip Chopped Ham n Bacon Lunch",in 300g tins.Produce of Denmark,89p.Tho serving suggestions on tin in chinese,lol!Just had it fried up with a couple of eggs n I rekon its better than Spam!.Successful trail run,I'll lay in a few tins on my next visit.(Dated March 2018).
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Used to throw a couple of slices of Bacon or Gammon Stakes on a flat hot rock to firstly cook & lubricate the rock with bacon fat then crack a couple of eggs on top nice warm bacon & egg breakfast minus the washing up..
    Regards
    David

fish go mad for that tulip n bacon, i can understand why its bloody lovely
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

A few days back utuber "Funkyprepper" was singing the praises of Princes Bacon Grill, and just watching it cook made me hungry so please don't go posting vids of all these other pork based delights.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    A few days back utuber "Funkyprepper" was singing the praises of Princes Bacon Grill, and just watching it cook made me hungry so please don't go posting vids of all these other pork based delights.
    Rob.
    Lady who sells me my Dry Cured Smoked Bacon.Sells it with a warning!!!!Lock your door !!Before placing bacon in pan!!or the whole street will be coming to dip their bread int pan!!.
    Just though if one was lost ?if you put some bacon on to cook,I'm sure someone would find you "follow that AROMA".
    Feeling peckish myself now.lol
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Samuel Hearne
    I do like bacon grill I can remember when it used to be in the 24hr rat pack when I was in Afghan the Mrs used to send me tins of it along with pitta bread and some sachets of sauce and it was brilliant as a few of us would get together and get a fry up going.

Iceland are selling vacuum packed (not a tray) of smoked dry cured bacon and its fine for a few days on a trip unopened. 6 rashers for a quid.

This is not bad, straight from the tin or fried

Richard
    South Wales UK

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    The Princes version is nice but the Tulip one is easier to open. No joke I can't open a corned beef or spam tin at all without breaking the key off.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk