Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushcraft show 2014

Bushcraft show 2014

Who has an intention of going to this years?

We "The Breakfast Club" (South East Group) have been talking about going together en masse for this year, but thought I'de put an early post up to start some early chatter on the event.

Are you going? Who went last year? What did you think?
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    Who has an intention of going to this years?

We "The Breakfast Club" (South East Group) have been talking about going together en masse for this year, but thought I'de put an early post up to start some early chatter on the event.

Are you going? Who went last year? What did you think?
    I think Cody and Lofty are going.

On a more serious note, it's 45 minutes from me so if you need it you've a handy staging post.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Can't justify the expesnse and hopefully I will be working
    [

The good lady has been looking at their website, and asked about going up for a family weekend, but really not sure.

Went last year and had a great time, got my tickets again for this year.

I've never been as it looks far too commercial for my liking. Saying that I may take my boys for the day, I will check Groupon closer to the time to see if I can get a cheap ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    I've never been as it looks far too commercial for my liking. Saying that I may take my boys for the day, I will check Groupon closer to the time to see if I can get a cheap ticket.
    I got mine off group on/wowcher last year, got a family ticket (4 people) for £1 less than an adult (1 person) ticket. it was a good show I thought
    you're only young once, but immaturity lasts for ever
    4 out of 3 people struggle with maths
    there are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by surplus 6 View Post
    I got mine off group on/wowcher last year, got a family ticket (4 people) for £1 less than an adult (1 person) ticket. it was a good show I thought
    Sounds like a plan! Was it on there late/last-minute, or a sensible time before?
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    Leave no trace

http://www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk/

Maybe but a £190 for a weekends camping needs a bit of justifying as a jolly
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Bushcraft show 2014

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    http://www.thebushcraftshow.co.uk/

Maybe but a £190 for a weekends camping needs a bit of justifying as a jolly
    Yeah I guess if it's more than just you it's costly!
    The way I'm looking at it is this:

My mrs went to the Jessy J concert at the O2 near us. It cost £70 for 4 hours entertainment.

I'll be paying £95 for 3 whole days!

If I take the family out for a meal, it costs me about £120

Comparing the cost of the weekend to something else you would normally do without hesitation settles my guilt.

If there's a party of ten or more, there's a group discount too!

When I see the CAMP BAZZA lot having so much fun, I get the urge. I must admit.

We should do a NB meet there if poss.
    Paul

My YOUTUBE Channel
    Leave no trace