Thread: Good quality cheap boots?

Good quality cheap boots?

If they exist I am looking for some good outdoor boots as cheap as possible as I am getting married this June and every penny counts at the moment I'm sure this question has been asked before so I am sorry and I do understand boots are very personnel and subjective.

I have seen these in my local surplus shop are they any good ideally they could be cheaper.

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/component...etail?Itemid=0

Dave

Samuel Hearne
    Personally I would try and get the best boots I can, at the moment I am still using my old issue pro boots and use them for work on the farm I have not had any problem with them they are gortex lined and will use them till they fall apart then will have to buy some more as can not get them issued anymore, you can get them cheap on evil bay.

Hi what are pro boots? Are they what I linked to?

Dave

Tribal Elder
    look after your feet my friend. a good pair of sturdy boots, new or other and some gortex socks!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Quote Originally Posted by alvino78 View Post
    look after your feet my friend. a good pair of sturdy boots, new or other and some gortex socks!
    unless of course you have goretex boots...2 layers of PTFE around your feet.....yeuggh
    [

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    unless of course you have goretex boots...2 layers of PTFE around your feet.....yeuggh
    thats why my feet shrank!!!!! lol
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Would these be relatively waterproof if kept waxed? not sure about gortex socks i spent 11 days in seal skinz that turned into a bit of a slime fest.

Dave

Samuel Hearne
    Pro boots were the army issue gortex boots the pair I have were a trail pair that I was issued. But Buy yourself the best boots you can afford and I agree with what has been said about gortex socks don't use them in your boots they will cause blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by bbdave View Post
    i spent 11 days in seal skinz that turned into a bit of a slime fest.
    Gopping !

I have a 14 year old pair of none goretex Meindls that have only ever let water in when its come in over the top...and that was with 13 of those years in a Mountain Rescue team so they've seen more than their fair share of bad weather and real use
    [

Good boots, and good footcare...... Slimefest feet equals trenchfoot if not washed, dried and clean socks on.

I recently bought a pair of boots from sportsworld.. Should be £70, sell them for £25. So far very happy with them, use them for work and on duty, had a bimble with the kids in the woods, passed the test. Looks like an Italian firm that make them.. Campri.
    Utringue Paratus

Northern Soul Bushcraft.......