Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meths Bottles

Meths Bottles

What bottles do those of you who use alcohol stoves carry your Meths in? I'm looking for something small that'll do a few decent burns, only for short half day hike purposes. Have a Maxpedition Jumbo and want something small enough to fit in the front pocket. Been scanning the shelves on various visits to the Supermarket but haven't come across any that suit. Seen Ashley use Energy Shock bottles on one of his vids, great idea but can I find any? Nope. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Measure your pocket and go back the supermarket. Jars, bottles anything with a screw on top. There's got too be what you need.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

Thanks for your reply. Wasn't really looking at glass. It's a possibility I suppose but didn't really want anything breakable in the bag.
    Last edited by Adam Savage; 30-12-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Keep it clean guys

Have a look on eBay for the bottles they keep tattoo ink in. Twist to and well made.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMALL-PLAS...item19e605a3dc

You can find them as individuals too.
    Last edited by Johnnyboy1971; 27-12-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Samuel Hearne
    Go to the pound shop I got some about a month ago otherwise most petrol stations sell the energy drinks in the small bottle.

Those tattoo ink bottles are perfect Johnny, thanks! Also Ian, yeah, will keep an eye out in the pound shops, good call that. Thanks guys!

classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Wasn't really looking at glass. It's a possibility I suppose but didn't really want anything breakable in the bag. No need to measure, I have my knob for reference, a good 4 inches, easy.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

I use an old whiskie come brandy s/s flask,I buy them at the booty for 20pto a £1 and they are shaped to go in you;r back pocket,I thought we all had em for meths.

ASDA do a stainless steel hip flask, that's what I use, cost £2.50 on the roll back promotion thing. Just make sure you mark it up well so as not to get confused.
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

I use those small 0.25 litre plastic Red Bull bottles. Perfect for me :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum