Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home

Just wondering.

Does it really matter how old a thread is if you are going to comment on it. Whether the thread is two weeks or three years old surely the previous info is still relevant, otherwise whats the point in having libraries and reading books.

I thought all info was relevant or is it different for internet forums.

Suppose it depends on the original post...ie 'wow look at the snow' or 'tories win election' as opposed to useful updates to useful info
    [

Here!here!Chubbs,Also an old post may not of been of interest to you 3years ago,but relevant to you now,or one might be new to the forum,n have something to add!.How many times do you read a good instructional book.??discovering something new/of interest each n every time??
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

And to juxtapose Mike what's wrong with calling thread necromancy - particularly on threads which amount to nothing more than 'there was this one time at band camp' or worse still people who troll ancient posts for cheap laughs or to tot up posts to hit the sales section requirement - these are things that have happened before and happen more frequently than one would imagine.
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    That's a true one, it seems also on other forums the height of distaste to necropost. Don't know why if the information is good, just when are on more than one forum the rules are often confused.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

I wasn't trying to stir a can o' worms. Just wondered while been a member of this forum that there is quite often a reference to dead threads, thread necromancy and the like. Never seen it before on other forums that I frequent.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Ohhhhh jings, try going on the guitar forums. They will put up the zombie cat picture if you even ask a relevant question.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

I wish all dead threads actually contained useful info but this one doesn't except that big paul was snowed in once and has a 50 mile round trip to the shop once a month and midge fodder isn't much better off.. Now a thread revive with the new dosages for dental abcess with amoxycillin would have me in raptures, or let's make biofuels from fish poon or a useful stoick rotation system, safety around water....you get the picture guys
    [

The resurrection of posts will always have its place when a relevant, valid, or informative comment is to be made. The problem we keep getting on the forum is multiple threads reappearing with comments along the lines of 'fair point', 'like that one', 'good photos', and before you know it there are 40 new posts to scroll through before anything constructive or even interesting is found.

For us Mods the problem is worse as we have to try and monitor every comment made for inappropriate content or dodgy spammers, bu that is the role we took on.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge_Fodder View Post
    Ohhhhh jings, try going on the guitar forums. They will put up the zombie cat picture if you even ask a relevant question.
    " This thread is dead, this thread is dead !!"

Name:  catguitar.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  5.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chubbs; 06-03-2014 at 10:50 PM.