Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midlands good locations?

Midlands good locations?

Hi all,

Not sure if this the correct place to ask, but can anyone recommend a good woodland location for bushcraft/wild camp in the midlands?

Don't necessarily need exact coordinates.

Cheers

Rich

Rich - I'm a new resident of the Midlands (from Kent) and am also looking for something similar. I've got relatives in Loughborough and Chesterfield so I think it's time to get them to do some research for us!

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

I have permission for 10 acres of mixed woodland near chesterfield
    [

Hi Sapper,

Have you had many camps there? What's it like?

Rich

Mixed broadleaved woodland, unmanaged sadly has public footpaths, not had chance to do anything with it yet tbh
    [

Routes planned, starting at Burbage Edge and over Stanage, Derwent Edge then drop down to the dam and up to Win Hill for the night. Back a similar route the next day.

Now I need to decide if I'm taking the hammock or just the bivvy and tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Rich - I'm a new resident of the Midlands (from Kent) and am also looking for something similar. I've got relatives in Loughborough and Chesterfield so I think it's time to get them to do some research for us!

M@
    As a kid, I used to camp in an area of Charnwood Forest known as the Outwoods just outside Loughborough, your relatives would know it. Don't know if you can camp there these days though as I moved away long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    As a kid, I used to camp in an area of Charnwood Forest known as the Outwoods just outside Loughborough, your relatives would know it. Don't know if you can camp there these days though as I moved away long ago.
    Thanks I'll check it out - via my relatives
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjonesy View Post
    Hi all,

Not sure if this the correct place to ask, but can anyone recommend a good woodland location for bushcraft/wild camp in the midlands?

Don't necessarily need exact coordinates.

Cheers

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post

M@

Hey guys, you could always sign up for a Northern Soul moot, we only camp with permission, and there's always help at hand... cheers Ian...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Hobo
    Hi

new here

also in midlands and looking for a place to test the bivvi.

Sapper- is it possible to use your sight??

Ooh excuse caps- keyboard broken