Thread: Citroen Dispatch conversion.

Citroen Dispatch conversion.

I am just starting a conversion job on a little Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDI. I have an ageing motorhome for when I go away with the wife, but when I go off to Scotland in winter on my own, I want something a bit more econmomical and basic. This van does about 50mpg if not pushed and has plenty of room for tents/tarps, cooking gear, woodburner, inflatable dinghy and motor and I can also sleep in the back quite comfortably en route.

First jobs will be to remove the bulkhead between cab and cargo and to fit a second battery and split charging system. This will be followed by some basic LED lighting and a couple of 12v sockets plus a 300W Invertor. The van will then be insulated and lined and a full length storage box fitted (removeable), this will also serve as a bed.

Some pictures before I start;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131203_111357.jpg 
Views:	799 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	10919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131203_111332.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	10918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131203_111315.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	10917

I will post more pics as I progress, although probably in the new year!

Got the 1.9 version....has a bed in the back and a dog cage was used primarily for my former role in SAR - look forward to watching your plans come to fruition and maybe pinch an idea or two
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Got the 1.9 version....has a bed in the back and a dog cage was used primarily for my former role in SAR - look forward to watching your plans come to fruition and maybe pinch an idea or two
    Yeah they're good vans. They have a few faults and quirks, door locks play up on mine. But it was a freebie given to me by my father-in-law and I quite like it. I used to use it with an Autohomes Columbus roof tent on top, which was a great piece of kit and kept me warm at -12 once at Loch Lomond, but I sold that when I bought the MH so now sleeping inside the van makes sense, and as I say, loads of room for kit.

Had mine since 2009 never failed an MOT done 133k and was ex plod scenes of crime...door locks not an issue as they were changed by plod for slam locks all round....only complaint crank position sensor faults...easy fix though can be done at roadside and I carry a spare
    [

looking forward to following your progress
    * LIFE IS GOOD *