Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soft leather pouch pattens wanted

soft leather pouch pattens wanted

hi all i just cut the leather of a sofa and am looking for some pattens and advise on making pouches if any one can help it will be mush appreciated .

thanks in advance Wilf.

you found anything to suit your needs yet?? if not i have a few i drew up for random stuff pouches, tinder tin pouches etc, drop me a pm and ill post them to you via email or something

cheers

Madz
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.

I've skinned a couple of sofas too for the same reason. What are you using to stitch? I was planning to get a large needle and use netting twine

Made from sofa leather supplied by M@ of the S_E breckfast clubthey were made shinny side out stitch then turned inside out,the carved bone is a peace of lamb bone from the sunday roast. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0121.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	10975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0122.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	10976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0123.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	10977

I was using a wool needle and waxed linen thread as i found the needle had a large eye but was not stupidly fat, i have some leather needles now and they have a more triangle shape to them, would suggest punching holes first, i used a screw, saves your fingers.

real nice tony as all ways

Nice work Tony, love the scrimshaw toggle.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by MadZ View Post
    you found anything to suit your needs yet?? if not i have a few i drew up for random stuff pouches, tinder tin pouches etc, drop me a pm and ill post them to you via email or something

cheers

Madz
    thanks madZ i will drop u a pm in a bit

I was going to use some of my granddads leather harness thread Beermaker or i was thinking of using some artificial sinew but dont no where to get it from.

very nice pouches Tony.

Ebay wilf for the artificial sinew, occasionally you get the real deal on there as well never used it before though so cant tell you what its like, waxed thread made all the difference, seemed to pull through better and pull up tighter if that makes sense.

got your pm mate, i'll drop them over to you asap, they will be photos of what i have drawn up, feel free to use them as is or as a rough guide/ideas for your needs, be sure to pop some pics up of what you make though, all ways interesting to see.

cheers

Madz

thanks madz i will have a look for both right now