Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast club new year meet

Its stoped hear in Essex at the mow

Samuel Hearne
    Simon there was a saying in the Army if its not raining its not training, don't worry you will be ok and there will be plenty of others there to help if you need it.

All ready to go guys,nice and sunny ear in Essex,see you all over the meet up car park in a bit,

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    All ready to go guys,nice and sunny ear in Essex,see you all over the meet up car park in a bit,
    Yup, beautiful isn't it!
    See you in a bit mate, just waiting for the lads.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Wish i could make it guys but the job means no way can I i hate night shifts lol, have a cracking weekend, be safe, warm and drunk ( Paul )

Yeah, I'm jealous, a tad

well its a big thanks from me guys,
    thanks to mark and matt for keeping us fed with top quality food all weekend.
    Ian for a great lesson in trapping and great all round outside knowledge
    paul for the invite, and all the rest of the guys for a really good laugh all weekend.
    im more than impressed with my new hammock and hope this was the first of many hangs.
    thanks again guys

Quote Originally Posted by simonkent View Post
    well its a big thanks from me guys,
    thanks to mark and matt for keeping us fed with top quality food all weekend.
    Ian for a great lesson in trapping and great all round outside knowledge
    paul for the invite, and all the rest of the guys for a really good laugh all weekend.
    im more than impressed with my new hammock and hope this was the first of many hangs.
    thanks again guys
    Nice one Si
    Glad you enjoyed yourself pal and look forward to seeing you at the next one. Getting a solid night's sleep in a hammock straight off the bat is brilliant and means you wont have to fanny around getting your settings tweaked until you're happy.

Nice to see some new faces too. I know Darren enjoyed himself and has just joined the forum tonight too.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Chaps - thanks for a great time - I really enjoyed myself. Had a good run home from Mike's especially as I wasn't driving!

Before departing from Mike's I noticed an unsightly lump in my abdomen. I wasn't particularly concerned as it looked lighter shaped (how did it get there?), however upon retrieving it from under my base layer I noticed minor burns to my gut! I won't be posting a photo as I do not wish to cause offence to anyone under 137 years of age. As ever the "wisdom of Mark" is timely and correct - I shall be wearing an apron next time. More than likely this will be a cheap space blanket secured with a bit of para cord.

We've set the spouses the task of a date for Yalding, hopefully in April and as soon as there is some news I let you all know.

Thanks again everyone for a thoroughly enjoyable time.

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Thanks again Mark another great weekend, so nice to catch up with everyone and meet other budding bush crafters (Darren, Mark and Simon)
    Cheers to Mark and Matt for fantastic grub and to Tony for advice on my carving tools
    Look forwards to the next meet
    Cheers to you all
    Plus1 AKA Tumbleweed

Samuel Hearne
    I am glad that the weather held off and the food that Mark and Matt cooked was outstanding and very enjoyable, SWMBO has said that I can go to the next meet so am now looking forward to the next meet and hopefully I will have made a under quilt by then.