Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast club new year meet

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Plus 1 and me both have our pink tickets issued already!
    It will be good to see you both

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    Here's a daft question, I don't have any trees and want to get a few nights 'cold' experience, could I / would I damage my whoopie slings if I were to connect them to eyelets on the external garage walls ? Do you get what I mean, sort of push the eye of the sling through the eye of the eyelet and use something like a marlin spike to stop it pulling through ?

Sorry if that was long winded lol

I do understand. I don't see any problems.

Nice one cheers Mark, didn't want to do any damage to my slings lol Ok cool weather here ii come albeit in the back garden lol

I'm up here right now. We did dodge a windy bullet. There is so much windfall up here we won't need to panic about fire wood for some time. I might talk to the land lord about bring Ian up here with his chainsaw for a weekend and making safe alto of this.

It's a lovely foggy chilly day. The wood is full of mist that gives it a mystic feel. The fire is small but yet still hot, was still easy to light and stated to burn hot early. The kettle too no time to boil. My trousers where damp from the walk in but are now steaming and well on the way to dry. As the smoke fills the heavy damp air and moves slowly through the woods I'm reminded how lucky we are as a group to have this site and as a community to experience nature the only way. By getting out there.
    Last edited by mark; 12-12-2013 at 11:12 AM.

I'm soooooooooo jealous right now mate.

Wanderer
    Sounds good , as a "peasant " I am a mere novice so would appreciate some info on the meet up ....... What to bring what goes on were it is ....... Thanks for any info helpful or otherwise (I am very thick skinned )

Quote Originally Posted by Jd33 View Post
    Sounds good , as a "peasant " I am a mere novice so would appreciate some info on the meet up ....... What to bring what goes on were it is ....... Thanks for any info helpful or otherwise (I am very thick skinned )
    The meet is held in Romford Essex. I hope it's not to far away for you. Bring all or go light weight it's up to you. We can only give you our opinion on what to bring. But the basics will be good. Shelter, fire, water and food. Plus toys.

I can't wait!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    The meet is held in Romford Essex. I hope it's not to far away for you. Bring all or go light weight it's up to you. We can only give you our opinion on what to bring. But the basics will be good. Shelter, fire, water and food. Plus toys.
    And BACON

I've used Paul kirtley for a lot of info. Pop over to his blog, there's a lot of useful info, along with what to take for a weekend.

What part of the world are you from jd33
    Last edited by mark; 14-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Evening lads.
    Not been on for a few weeks, sorry!

I'm gagging to get out, and she's gagging to get rid of me, so I'm all over it as always boys.
    I've been off this week, and I'm not back until the 2nd I was hoping to get out and do a two day hike & over night'er, but I've just not managed it.

Tony, have you asked Santa for an under-quilt? You're gonna bloody need it in Feb!

I'll start stock piling the brandy lads!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace