Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast club new year meet

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Hi everyone. Newbie to the forum "Chippy" here. Looks like I'll miss the first meet of the year due to family commitments. How often does the Inside M25 group meet? Would love to get going on this. Also I noticed on earlier posts that the meet is in Romford. Is this private land? I always get very excited when I hear there are landowners out there that appreciate the practice of bushcraft.
    Hi bud,

We'll generally meet circa four times a year at Romford. Yes it's private land, around 100 acres I think. (That's not the size of the wood).

If you can't make this one it'll be a couple months till the next.

Look forward to meeting in due course chap.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Thanks Paul.
    Pity that date is clashing.
    As in the name of the group, I take it that the "Breakfast" part is integral to the meet! What other delights does the wood bring? I'll need to sneak in a few bushcraft books as I am fairly rusty! Even getting out for a weekend in the hammock would be amazing. Looking forward to finding out more about the group.

LOL, the breakfast ( s ) are something to behold, Mark ( and Co. ) do a slap up, have you seen the pictures on the group page, as for other delights, I'm new to it and so am learning as I go, but there are Rabbits to be had, there's a huge variety of trees etc ( trying to learn i.d's ) fire wood collection and processing, fire starting lesson with bow ( on-going ) ok, enough rambling, suffice to say I'm hooked lol, so much so that I have an overnighter soon then a 3 dayer middle of the month, can't wait

Sounds brilliant. Yes I have succeeded with the bow method many times at home but never out in the field....(where it matters!!)
    Must get practicing my knots, my memory is fading......along with my hair!

Congrats on the bow drill fire starting, knots are another thing to learn more of, you-tube is great for this as well well, don't be a stranger, try try and try some more, always room at the

Inside the M25,the breakfast club,just a reminder that we are a bunch of guys from Essex and Kent that get together 4or5 times a year for a night out in the woods.It is open to all that can make it on the day,we meet up about noon on the saturday at bedfords park north romford,then drive down to the woods on home farm.Most of us hang from the tree's but there is plenty of room to ground dwell,Ian will show you how to set traps for rabbits,I think we have got at lest one each time they have set them.We can show you the art of fire lighting and wood carving,if you are short of kit let us now we have spair you can borrow,after the evening meal when the sharps are put away we do have a tiple around the fire under Marks large parachute.You want evon need to carry you'r kit in you can throw it in the back of my 4x4 Truck.All are wecome PM me for any more info.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0001.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	11007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0009.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	11008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0013.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	11009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0091.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	11010

Great info. Thanks Tony.

Hobo
    Hi one and all I'm new to the site and looking forward to meeting you in February.

Finally decided to get off the sidelines and get involved!

Happy new year yo you all

M

Hobo
    Hi you are probably all aware but grogs knots offer very good animations of all sorts of knots on you tube. I find them very easy to follow. And there is even an app to download if you want to part with a small amount of wonga

Quote Originally Posted by Markeff View Post
    Hi one and all I'm new to the site and looking forward to meeting you in February.

Finally decided to get off the sidelines and get involved!

Happy new year yo you all

M
    Hi Bud it's usual to go to the Introduce Yourself to the Community thred befor Posting,instead of just jumping in,thanks.