Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bronzemoon outdoors. Anyone had any dealings with them?

They mislead people with their UK.CO,web site.tho they advertise their office in London,this appears to be an accomodation address!They are based in australia I am informed!but drop ship from China n other sources.Tend to blame their courriers.for non or slow deliveries.goods do turn up eventually.and in my case I got a refund.But no compensation for the inconvienence!!!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    Hi Alvino78!

Well i got in touch with credit card company who i have to say were very good about the whole thing. They said not to pay my bill until they had resolved things and that if they couldn't do anything i wouldn't have to pay at all. Anyway i completed a few basic forms for the credit card and sent them off. Didn't hear anything for ages and unknown to me, SWMBO on seeing how peed off i was about it ordered me the same knife from The Bushcraft Store. That arrived within a couple of days apparently. Then got a call from Barclaycard, (other cards are available!) on 23.12.13 saying they had had a "chat" with the supplier and hoped it was resolved. The knife turned up by next day courier on 24.12.13! Great! Except that was when the missus said she had already got me a replacement for Christmas!!!! So, not needing two knives, i thought i daren't risk returning the one from Bronzemon outdoors as ill probably never hear from them again so i emailed The Bushcraft store and told them about my predicament. To say they were helpful is an understatement. They told me to return the knife to them and that they wouldn't charge a handling fee like most places do. The missus had bought the knife about two weeks before this so i was outside the return period of 7 days so as they'd been so helpful i thought it only fair to exchange the knife for more bushcraft goodies! Wooohoooo! Best Christmas I've had for years Ha Ha!! So in the long run i did alright out of it BUT I will never buy anything from Bronzemoon outdoors again nor recommend anyone else to do so. The Bushcraft store on the other hand i most definitely would recommend! Bet you're sorry you asked now mate after that novel!
    sorry i asked???...............no pal what a great example of people in our walk of life the bushcraft store are! and you did pretty darn well there for crimbo lol its a pity though that the predicament came up from one unlucky choice of shop,but a good point that we have this forum to share our wins and loses to help each other. well done sir on a personal win and getting good from the bad(p.s mines a short story lol)
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    glad you got it sorted

Thanks mate!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Update on Bronzemoon outdoors.co.uk....They are based in ALTONA,VICTORIA,AUSTRALIA.
    BEWARE THIS COMPANY and do not purchase from them.!!!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Yup avoid!

I've done a quick background check on this company. The site was built by a company called Visual Obsession owned by a guy called Kevin Austin

149 English Street
    Cairns
    QLD
    Australia

His business is here

This is his Facebook account
    This is his LinkedIn Account
    This is his Google+ account

The site itself is owned by Anglo Pacific Trading Ltd http://www.anglopacifictrading.com/
    Mark Lewis an Australian living in the UK
    LinkedIn account here

Office front here

From globial.com
    Bronzemoon is wholly owned by Anglo Pacific Trading Ltd a family run British business with its headquarters in London & warehousing in Leicestershire. The business was originally formed in 1982 and is still run and owned by the founding family.
    ...Hmmm

Happy to go and knock on their door if anyone is out of pocket!
    Their office is not far from mine.

EDIT
    Registered Office Address:
    117 Merton Road
    Wimbledon
    London
    SW19 1ED

Looks like their accountants:

Current Officers
    James Cameron: Aus
    Dean Lewis: Aus
    Wendy Lewis: Aus
    Mark Lewis: UK

I can give the other officers addresses in Aus if anyone wants them
    Last edited by f0rm4t; 14-01-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Gents, I have temporarily removed a couple of threads pending the legal badgers having a quick look to make sure there is no come back on the forum. I know it can seem quite harsh as posts are the opinions of individuals, rather than those of the forum administrators, but there have been legal threats in the past which can make life very difficult.

Be back soon.

Hi Jus_young. Could we just lock my thread please? I think my message has got through and as you say i don't want anyone getting inadvertently into bother! Thanks to everyone for their replies and advice though

Neil
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Thanks Neil.

As an update - it is felt that the thread should remain open unless any formal complaint is made. As I previously stated, all comments are the opinions and views of individual members, so as long as the comments are fair there should be no problem.
    Last edited by jus_young; 16-01-2014 at 10:40 PM.

The thread is open again with all posts visible.

Thank you all for your input and any further comments or experiences can be posted for prospective customers to make up their own minds.