Thread: A Smaller Tarp...

Tribal Elder

A Smaller Tarp...

Thinking about my hiking kit here...

My tarp is too big to go inside my bag, and wont attach to my belt easily... (D&D 3 x 3)

My bivi shelter doesnt have any attachment points...

I need like...a one man roof sheet which is either compressable enough to fit into my bag (20L day sack) or can be hooked onto my belt or the outside of my bag

My first idea is some sort of custom stuff sack for the D&D tarp which can go on the outside of the bag or on my belt.

Any ideas?

Inner tube and a carabiner? Also, I have a big roll of double side Velcro tape I bought a couple of years ago which has come in handy for situations like the one you're talking about (it's not cheap, but I'm still using it and have spare for emergencies).

Alpkit rig 7.
    Brilliant bit of kit once the lift points have been sealed where needed.

I know this aint exactly cheap, but it does pack down tiny, I know someone who owns one, well i think its this one:
    http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Pr...chie-Flysheet/

Robb
    Every mile on a river takes you further from home than every hundred miles on a road.

I hope thats a birchbark canoe in your pocket.... - I guess i should give some credit to Metal Mug

Tribal Elder
    ahhh I was hoping to do it on the cheap - I have an idea developing

I could fold it into quarterish, and find to attachment points which are close to the webbing and attach those via a tight paracord knot, roll the tarp up and then secure the roll with some cord and some innertube, that way I could carry the whole tarp on the outside of my bag. this could (maybe) also be used to deploy it quickly, using the bag as a kind of anchor and some raised object as a basic lean to type thing... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    ahhh I was hoping to do it on the cheap...
    ...and you get to keep using the DD tarp. Those few extra inches make all the difference. So I've been told.

Hi I use the D&D 3 x 4.5 and can get it down into the side pouch of my rucksack (these can come of into day sacks ex MOD) I can get my complete Hammock/Tarp with webbing spare slings Carbs, Paracord and pegs into one of the pouches and still have some room and in the other I can get all my cooking kit.

I can get the tarp itself into a water bottle holder have ypu tried reflding it it works
    Not much help I know I just thought I would say

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Hi I use the D&D 3 x 4.5 and can get it down into the side pouch of my rucksack (these can come of into day sacks ex MOD) I can get my complete Hammock/Tarp with webbing spare slings Carbs, Paracord and pegs into one of the pouches and still have some room and in the other I can get all my cooking kit...
    ...but he needs three donkeys and a team of Sherpas to carry his food rations. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    ...but he needs three donkeys and a team of Sherpas to carry his food rations. I've seen it with my own eyes.
    I didnt have them for the tarp that was for the food and spares I took LOL
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Failing all the above, go for a british army poncho. It was always good enough for the likes of us haha
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel