Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alone in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by TreeCamper View Post
    Thanks thats very kind. I'll try the download thing if that does not work the copy would be great. I will fix you up for it of course.

TC
    No problem. Wont cost me to make it so......Wont cost you a bean....

Trying to get hold of part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    No problem. Wont cost me to make it so......Wont cost you a bean....

Trying to get hold of part 2
    Thank you Fraser

All sorted now mate, it was a kind offer and is appreciated.

Yes trying to get hold of part 2 would be fantastic, apparently Dick spent 35yrs up there, I am sure there must be more footage available somewhere.

ATB

TC
    Remember LNT

No problem mate.
    I have other Dick Proenneke dvds, I'll look tonight and post what I have. You're welcome to copies. I did have part 2 but the file has somehow become corrupt. There will also be a part 3 comming out apparently.
    Yeah, he went up in his early 50s for a year to see if he could do it and was still there over 30 years later. Only came back to 'civilisation' because he was old and quite frail. Lived with his brother (who visited him in his cabin quite often) until his death from a stroke.
    The man is a bloody legend!

I have just found all three programmes on the web and am downloading them very fast at the moment. If anybody wants the link from where I found them, give me a shout.

Cheers Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I have just found all three programmes on the web and am downloading them very fast at the moment. If anybody wants the link from where I found them, give me a shout.

Cheers Neil

Yes please Neil!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Same here, I now have the full collection plus the full DVDR's on the way

Once this is downloaded and extracted, it can be viewed perfectly on Cyberlink Power DVD11 with no problems. This is available as a download on the same site I have already mentioned.

Once this is downloaded and extracted, it can be viewed perfectly on Cyberlink Power DVD11 with no problems. This is available as a download on the same site I have already mentioned.
    Dont bother with that. The best way to watch videos on your PC is to install a codec pack like Klite Codec Pack, It will also come with "Media Player Classic" which is one of the best in my opinion as it isnt bloated crap like others, its clean and simple and will play just about every format you throw at it with codecs installed.

Thanks for the info there ADz, I haven't heard of that player before. I know what you mean about them bloated with crap when all you want to do is watch a vid. Will have a look now.

Thanks Neil

Cheers Neil
    Yes please Neil ! me too

TC
    Remember LNT