Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: time to get into prepping?

Wow think I need to pick my game up ha ha I have a gerber folder and a pocket folding knife but with living in the UK the law states its illegal to have these on you in public. I have a multi tool on me because pf work and 9 times out of 10 I can solve issues with the screw drivers on that but its in my pocket all day

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Excellent kinfe at a price that wont break your heart when you lose it on a hill somewhere. Not in the same league as one of yours though.
    OOPS! Wrong Dave.

I wondered what you ment but dint wanna say anything ha ha

I think Sapper brings up the main disaster scenario, of flooding. Other than these floods, I can't see the UK getting much of anything major (well, not major in the grand scheme of things). Luckily (if you can call it that) those that live in flood risk areas know about it, and are usually prepared to some extent for it.
    Most of the events that the stereotypical "prepper" preps for, would either come so fast and hard that no one could do much about it, no matter how prepared they were, or the event would be slow and drawn out, so almost everyone could adjust/cope.
    I'm a firm believer in having the knowledge and skills, but intelligence plays a huge part. Even if you don't "know" the way to do something, you can usually figure it out
    You should still plan ahead though, like having blankets, first aids kits, waterproofs, etc in your car/backpack. To me that's just common sense.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Totally agree! I think for the uk were more likely to have power cuts, localised flooding but with these situations we wouldnt need to panic as we'd have ample warning of flooding. The power cuts etc well, it boils down to common sense. A few candles here and there and keeping some water aside. I plan to get a emergancy bag together but just extra food and water to last a day or two because to "bug out" would just be silly unless your security is at risk or your house is in danger. Just afew bits set aside to keep ya as comfy as poss till alls well which in the uk is normally fairly quick.

To become prepper the first problem is money, that's why I prefer to have a maximum of knowledge in survival ( in city too ) ; there is TV show about that, in french it's called Familles Apocalypse ; but I don't know the sentence in english ; maybe " Apocalyptic family " or something like this ^^ . It's very interesting !

Wanderer
    anybody who STILL thinks this civilisation is going to go on and on without end is living in cloud cuckoo land. anyone who only keeps 3 days worth of food in the house is living in cloud cuckoo land. anyone who hasn't taken any notice of the recent massive flooding on The Somerset Levels and in the Thames Valley is living in cloud cuckoo land. anyone who dosent take note of what is happening in the Ukraine is living in cloud cuckoo land. wake up and look around you, its beginning to happen already, the time to make preparations is NOW not AFTER TSHTF.

Our Local Council " Northamptonshire" post in the local " Be prepared for an Emergency"

This explains in Bad conditions ie. flooding, that emergency services are stretched and it could take time to get to people requiring help
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

What's the flooding in the UK got to do with the Ukraine?I was around when we went into north Korea,nuthink happend,when we went into Suez and the French then the Ozzys and Yank went into Vetnam nout happend.I dont think in the 66year I'v been on this earth there has'ant been a conflict in the world some wair,I'v even been involved in 1or2,even in the Cubern missile crisis I still went to school the USA were about a day away from Nukin Cuba and the USSR,. I think the bigest thing to affect me was the 6day war in Egypt,befor it started Petrol was 4gal for a £1.TSHTF since I was born but we are all still hear,dont worry abut it bud it may never happon ejoy life and dont let em wide you uphave a glass of somthing.

Wanderer
    what if Russia gets annoyed with the west and just turns off the tap on the gas pipeline, you got gas? what you gonna do if the supplies are turned off? last winter the NATIONAL stocks went down to 3 days worth...what if that runs out? just saying "don't worry about it" is what SHEEPLE do, bury your head in the sand, fine, dosent matter to me what you do. "failing to prepare is preparing to fail".
    Last edited by Ashley Cawley; 03-03-2014 at 07:28 AM. Reason: mild swearing - no biggie