Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo software.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    I have experience with numerous versions of Photoshop but without a doubt for good effects and shear ease of use I would recommend Google's Picasa software which is free to download and use, it's a bit like a photo manger but let's you do so much more, it's so easy Adrian even you will feel like a wizard working witchcraft on these computer-thingies It has superb effects that go on with just one click, and it has a nice feature of when you Save (apply) the effect to the photo it always keeps a hidden copy of your original so in the future you can revert back to the original and see that if you want to.

There's tons of other features I love using Picasa for, I don't have time atm to cover it all but I can say it's well worth checking out! Makes backing up photos online a breeze to.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Much appreciated Ash, I'm playing around with Picassa and GIMP at the moment to see which is the best "all rounder" for the effects I'm after.

I'm pretty certain I'll end up using both.

Plus a subscriber of mine on YouTube is also sending me an all singing all dancing version of Photoshop to play around with too.

Thanks again

Ade

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello, Adrian you should have the Cd-Rom it was sent 1st Class Recorded Delivery 4th November 2013 either today or tomorrow latest. Please let me know soon as it arrives. Haven't checked the Office Royal Mail signatures mailing list yet.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello, Adrian you should have the Cd-Rom it was sent 1st Class Recorded Delivery 4th November 2013 either today or tomorrow latest. Please let me know soon as it arrives. Haven't checked the Office Royal Mail signatures mailing list yet.
    Regards
    David
    Hi David
    Just to let you know that the CDROM arrived today safely.
    Thank you so much for sending it up. It's very, very much appreciated.

Ade.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    No problem glad I was of some use.
    Regards
    David

Just to throw another option in. paint.net is a pretty useful program. I use it more than photoshop, and it's 100% free. Lots of add-ons for it too.
    I never got gimp to work on my computer, so never got round to using it.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel