Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go careful out there this weekend peeps..

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow

Go careful out there this weekend peeps..

Looks to be a bad one for weather this weekend in the South so go careful out there if you are out n about eh..

Looks like its swung a bit further North than expected judging by the fact my fence has just blown down and we have had hail the size of 5p bits - mind you at least Im tucked up warm at home and retired from the rescue business now
    [

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Looks like its swung a bit further North than expected judging by the fact my fence has just blown down and we have had hail the size of 5p bits - mind you at least Im tucked up warm at home and retired from the rescue business now
    I am spending tomorrow stropping the yurt down better. The worst is supposed to be coming sunday/monday.
    Sounds like you are getting it early chap..

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Looks to be a bad one for weather this weekend in the South so go careful out there if you are out n about eh..

Will do Jonny. Be a test for the new chicken coop anyway, I will find out just how well I built it

I must say, I do enjoy a good storm.
    Thunder, lightning, hail, cats and dogs living together - let utter madness reign!

Might be a good time to go for a walk along the coast and watch the storm out across the sea...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Change of plan for me I think, I was off to the wood on Monday to camp out during Samhain, but living the way I do means my home will be a lively and rather unstable place to be if this coming storm lives up to the forecast. I've doubled up her mooring ropes and lashed everything down and the tides are small Neaps so that's a bonus. Quite well protected here on the river and we've been through plenty of storms before, sometimes far from land, so this one shouldn't be a problem.

Hello to those who joined the forum while I was reefing top'sls and battening hatches.. ahh arggh!..been busy.
    Last edited by saxonaxe; 26-10-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: saying hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Hopefully some fences will blow down in my neck of the woods, will be good for business! Lol!

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Change of plan for me I think, I was off to the wood on Monday to camp out during Samhain,
    snap, although were celebrating samhain a couple of days late, by camping sat to sun, thankfully we have a marquee and log burner if the weather turns nasty, lots of games planned and everyone has to turn up dressed as an animal of the woods, should make for some interesting video's,lol

just strapped up the bee hive just in case, don't want my girls getting blown over

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Change of plan for me I think, I was off to the wood on Monday to camp out during Samhain
    I will be holding an alfablot for winternights/ the day of the dead too but on thursday...it just so happens I was born on the very same day
    Last edited by Silverback; 26-10-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    [