Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrugated cardboard candle

I made a few of these a couple of weeks ago for a bbq, burnt well for about 30 mins then spluttered out- where did I go wrong? Cheers guys, joab

Random maybe dumb question, where can I get/make the Molton wax/wax for the candle.

Thanks in advance.
    Spider~

use old candle stubs, or purchase a bag of a thousand tea light candles from a local pound shop or similar equivalent, you could always ask in a local candle shop for broken candles they normal sell them cheap and you can get church style candles, melt down what you get in an old soup/bean tin and you have a reusable supply of wax, when it runs low just add a few more tea light candles or what ever and re-heat. some candles (cheaper ones) may have a granulated type wax inside a wax cylinder these are not as good as a solid wax candle but do still work.

i have a few tins of wax round the work shop for different things ones used for dipping fresh cut logs and branches to seal up the ends before seasoning.

hope thats of some help spider

cheers

Madz

Edit, might be worth asking around to see if any local bee keepers could sort you out with some bee's wax, offer a few quid see what happens, win win situation, you get wax they get help with upkeep from the cash you offered.
    Last edited by MadZ; 16-12-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.