Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posh stove...... any good?

Don't forget how this stove came into existence. It was developed for humanitarian relief and gets shipped out with Shelter Boxes after natural disasters for families that pretty much lost everything. There are stoves being used today that were shipped out years ago. And they are still going strong providing hearing and a way of cooking.

When I finally get to build the man cave at the end of the garden, one of these will definitely be going in.

Good point, i didn't think of that. They must be pretty robust. number 2 on my list of new toys I think..... after one of Mark's beautiful knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    I fancy this ..... http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/f...er-10404-p.asp
    I know it's a bit OTT but for a long camp with truck and tents I thought it seemed a good option. I also thought it would be a good adition to my workshop. Any thoughts lads and lasses?
    Fraser this is a good bit of kit mate, so much so, I brought one out to South Africa when I was importing some other gear, it becomes the centre piece of your camp when you have all the bells and whistles with you, vehicle, large tent etc.
    It is indespensable at breakfast time and great to have a kettle (or whatever) of hot water going all day long.
    Well worth the investment!

Quote Originally Posted by Proventurer View Post
    Fraser this is a good bit of kit mate, so much so, I brought one out to South Africa when I was importing some other gear, it becomes the centre piece of your camp when you have all the bells and whistles with you, vehicle, large tent etc.
    It is indespensable at breakfast time and great to have a kettle (or whatever) of hot water going all day long.
    Well worth the investment!
    Thanks for the info mate

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Good point, i didn't think of that. They must be pretty robust. number 2 on my list of new toys I think..... after one of Mark's beautiful knives.
    haha we have the same wishlist mate!

Heard some good reports of it from a couple of blokes that have them. Certainly never heard anything to their detriment.

I have one of these, and although I haven't used it yet, I would say that they are very well made and get excellent reviews. Mine will get it's debut in January when I am doing a boating/Tipi trip to either Loch Lomond or Loch Awe, not decided yet.
    I would say though, that they probably wouldn't be best suited to a caravan because of the floor space they would take up due to the tripod configuration of the legs. I would suggest a square stove with short legs such as the Windy Smithy range, unfortunately they are quite a bit more expensive.

good price for what it is,would fit nice in a shed too!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

I use an "Martin-Iron-Art" Rocket Stove to keep fire of the ground etc.But he also makes a log burner for around £140.its a little boxier than the one uve featured,.You could always make one up based on an ammo box.(tho they are hard to come by at mo)there an articicle in this months BASS no 48.