Thread: Energy Saving Bushcraft Gizmos

Energy Saving Bushcraft Gizmos

Hi Chaps (and Ladies)

Can anyone recommend reliable Torch / Lamp, that use solar & hand cranking, that actually work well !

I have for some time (since LED technology has become mainstream) been trying to find equipment that negates the use of disposable batteries.

Mainly interested in Torches & Radios

But most of what torches I have seen / bought have been failures, Once you have totaly exhausted them they require massive hand cranking, for little light ... or hours & hours of sunshine.

Anybody got a favourite that works ?

Cheers
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

I have a cheap one like this which has never let me down, taken it camping all over the place! - not super bright but for afew quid it could be worth a punt for you? - i expected mine to break quickly but just keep going! - only difference is the branding - mine is a gelert i think

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-W...ind+up+lantern

The stuff made by the old wind up merchant Trevor Baylis is pricey but is built to last.

There used to be a site with all the wind up / solar powered stuff hw made (inc. torches, radios, mp3 players, TVs, other stuff and combinations of each) which was very good... but I can not find it

You could google Trevor Baylis, then click on shopping and a couple pop up.

Or, you could have a look at this site Windup-Products as they seem to have a decent range.

I had a Baylis torch and it was pretty bomb proof, but sadly lost it.

Now I've got a couple of the Poundland jobbies and they are ok, but I've never used them for any length of time and I doubt if I did, the build quality would prove to that good.

But I did get one from Lidl a couple of years ago, cost no more than a fiver and I have given that a fair battering, Still going strong.

Anyway, hope that helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Atb.

Colin
    Ansum La

many thanks chaps .... all avenues will be investigated
    * LIFE IS GOOD *