Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which bag?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Agree entirely with Jeep here. The larger the pack the more you bring. I am constantly striving to get my kit smaller and smaller to fit into smaller and smaller rucksacks. I have spent too long lugging too much weight over too many miles. Nowadays I prefer to enjoy the journey and try to travel as light as possible.

I don't subscribe to the idea that you can pack enough kit for a week's camp in a 45 litre pack, and don't like kit hanging and dangling off the outside of it when I'm walking, but feel that 60 litres should be more than enough for a decent amount of kit, including food. As ever, the lighter something is the more money it costs but you normally get what you pay for.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I don't subscribe to the idea that you can pack enough kit for a week's camp in a 45 litre pack....
    ...I'll challenge you to that one Martin (water excluded) with my 45l + 2x 12.5l PLCE side pockets!

Steve

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    ...I'll challenge you to that one Martin (water excluded) with my 45l + 2x 12.5l PLCE side pockets!

Steve
    Precisely.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Tribal Elder
    be that as it may. I can probably sleep in this rucksack.

Hopefully will get out next weekend so will tell you if it was a good/bad/ugly choice