Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Kit

2 sleeping bags
    sleeping bag liner ( not the fleece one )
    2 pillows
    flask
    roll mat

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    2 sleeping bags
    sleeping bag liner ( not the fleece one )
    2 pillows
    flask
    roll mat
    Could I have the roll mat and gelert bag please, pm me with p & p and I will also send Ash a donation for NBC,Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Hey Scott,

I'm not interested in any of the remaining kit, but just wanted to say, good on you for gifting it to folks on here who might use it and please convey the thanks and sympathies of the NB community to your friend who is no longer able to make use of it.

If your friend refused money from you for the kit, I doubt they would be any more likely to accept money directly from internet randoms. And I am not surprised by this, as I know several folks who are either full or part time carers too and they are a remarkable and proud bunch of people, how would refuse money in similar circumstances.

However, I also know that there are several charitable organisations that support carers like your friend (some condition specific, other more general) which most of the carers I know are lees reluctant to accept help from, as they are not 'making a fuss' about just them, but about lots of folks in similar circumstances. So if you are aware of any particular charity supporting your friend, could I trouble you to post a link or just let me know, as I would like to return your friends generosity, show my support and make a donation.

Atb.

Colin
    Ansum La

Thanks Colin but im not doing a lot just advertising and shipping out. He would have done it him self but he has no idea how to use a computer. He just wanted me to make sure it was anonymous and the kit found a good home.

Its funny you should say that because I did have that exact discussion with him and you right he wouldn't accept any donations. However he did say if anyone felt the need to donate (but don't feel you have to) any money he would like it to go to either their local scout group or local children's hospice as his daughter has unfortunately had to spend a lot of time in them in the past. He didn't have a particular one in mind as they are all doing a great job so just a local one.

I will be passing on everyone's thanks and appreciation.

Cheers Scott

Hey Scott, I'm sure the not a lot you are doing is appreciated by your friend.

Like I said I know a few folks who are carers myself and they are all remarkable people, generous with their time yet very humble about the time consuming commitment they are making. Not doing what they do for praise and not looking for arbitrary hand outs, just glad of any understanding and support afforded to them (albeit often with a touch of reluctance or curious (to everyone else) embarrassment). And when such people who have so little time for themselves, make time to do you a good turn and you ask how you can thank and repay them, the almost universal response seems be something along the lines of "No worries, happy to help, but if you want to do something, if you see an opportunity to help someone else, do it."

Remarkable people.

Anyway, I have side tracked this threads enough, I'll let you get back to the gifting and will show my support for your friends generosity as they suggest.

Good man
    Ansum La

Trapper
    hey scott, i know you dont know me but if i could get the sleeping bag, roll mat and flask i would much appreciate it, if you could let me know the postage costs ill get it to you. if its all ok ofc

That is a remarkably kind gesture if only more people were like it this world be so so much better, Fi and I hunt down medicinal fungi and plants to give to people that are in need of some help with something other than conventional medicines, its the same with kit and clothes, if we don't use it we either give it away or swap. a swap shop would be a worthwhile addition to the site, We are also makers of insect and bug repellents which has a low as we can get profit margin, I have,nt forgotten yours Colin you will get one to try I promise.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up Thank You Scott

Beautiful to see folks, sharing & giving - what this site is about. Thank you Scott and thank the donator from me.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    .. a swap shop would be a worthwhile addition to the site...
    This is the place! This is the "Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" area, feel free to give or swap etc.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

If anyone has a cheap hammock and tarp or other goodies going cheap I would love to have them. I am just starting out and don't have a lot of money. Thank you love pee pee Lyn
    If you're not living life on the edge, then you're taking up to much room!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Beautiful to see folks, sharing & giving - what this site is about. Thank you Scott and thank the donator from me.

This is the place! This is the "Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" area, feel free to give or swap etc.
    Cheers Ashley next stop Spec Savers.