Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: escape from hell

escape from hell

seen an advert just now for a bear grylls series escape from hell, you all know what your getting yourself in for, its on discovery coming soon
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.

the main reason i like bear: its the only 'survival show' my mrs will watch.. which means i get out of watching stuff like 'dont tell the bride' - she says ray mears is "dull as dishwater"

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    the main reason i like bear: its the only 'survival show' my mrs will watch.. which means i get out of watching stuff like 'dont tell the bride' - she says ray mears is "dull as dishwater"
    She's got a point !, course you could always go to the den/man cave. If I spend more than 2 hrs a week watching TV with HI, she thinks Ime guilty of some thing. Dear lord, the things these wives watch
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

if i spend too long in the man cave she just invites herself in... is nothing sacred haha

if i spend too long in the man cave she just invites herself in... is nothing sacred haha
    Get a TV and DVD and have Ray Mears playing constantly, after all SWMBO thinks he's dull as ditchwater, 2 probs sorted in 1 go. No need to thank me lol
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Isn't it better just to not go to Hell in the first place? Finding some nice wildlife-filled wood and getting a brew on rather than going to some ghastly place and then jumping off a cliff for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    Isn't it better just to not go to Hell in the first place? Finding some nice wildlife-filled wood and getting a brew on rather than going to some ghastly place and then jumping off a cliff for no reason?
    I'm a simple man, pleased by simple things...................Nature wins.

Take your time and do not rush, take in every thing while out in the brush.

He is entertaining, and my wife would agree with yours, much better eye candy....
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Im hoping its better (by better I mean a real "survival" programme) than his other work. I think hes entertaining and as shepherd said, its the only wilderness programme the mrs will watch without much huffing and rolling of the eyes ha ha hes ment to take on the role of a person who has been in a real situation and play it out and show us where they made mistakes and what they could of done etc diffrently. Only time will tell!

cant see it being my cup of tea unless its real folks tellling their real life experiences.... and not Bear getting his goolies out and drinking reinder pee...

and anyway theres 'ell to pop and pop t'sell in Ossett
    [