Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hellooo from the Isle of Wight!

Isle of Wight (and often Cornwall in my wee caravan there!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    Hi. My family live down in cowes. And I'm down there every two weeks with work. Usually do a night out with the old man. We normally tie in a little beach casting too.
    Managed to get him into stick making and spoon carving.
    Good to see an islander on here.
    Hello Mike - first islander I have spotted on here - so thrilled! I am the wild west area, my folks live in Cowes though too. My next challenges are spoon making as well as a 'bird block' for my flute - but total beginner in whittling! Thanks for the welcome!

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Your welcome. Love dropping back home to see the folks. Especially now that work fork out for the ferry.

Even if I don't manage a night out in the trees. I nearly always manage a good walk and forage. There is loads of goodies to be found along the old railways and parkhurst is full of sweet chestnut. Was over at the old battery last week was surprised at the amount of yarrow and vetch around there.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

These were taken a couple of years back along the medina.
    http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...-Isle-of-Wight
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    These were taken a couple of years back along the medina.
    http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...-Isle-of-Wight
    Fab pictures - I am sure I recognise your dad! (But then the island is a small place). I do love Parkhurst, but also Bouldner Forest very much. Actually love all the wilder parts of the island. I take my students to Forest school in Parkhurst and Bouldner and in a few abandoned chalk pits in different places too. One place we love going is Knighton upper woods - they are private, but the owner lets us do Forest Schools there, it is a true old English wood very well managed and coppiced - its beautiful.
    The best classroom and the richest store cupboard are roofed only by the sky. Margaret McMillan

He used to work at west island printers - when it was still there and now works at strainstalls.
    He also used to do the door at the anchor a long while back when Sue and Doug were still the landlords and I was on the bar.

I think it was through west wight printers - my friend owned it but I would only have known your dad by sight. :0)
    The best classroom and the richest store cupboard are roofed only by the sky. Margaret McMillan

hello and welcome nice to see some one from the dorset area!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandlady View Post
    Hello Mike - first islander I have spotted on here - so thrilled! I am the wild west area, my folks live in Cowes though too. My next challenges are spoon making as well as a 'bird block' for my flute - but total beginner in whittling! Thanks for the welcome!
    I totally want to make a spoon and keep it forever and ever lol
    If you're not living life on the edge, then you're taking up to much room!

Quote Originally Posted by campinggirl72 View Post
    I totally want to make a spoon and keep it forever and ever lol
    Me too Lyn - maybe we should attempt it together? If we film it it could be the hit comedy of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by collier89 View Post
    hello and welcome nice to see some one from the dorset area!
    Got lots of friends in Dorset ( I said that in the Dorset accent - dud you hear?), So sometimes brave the wild oceans! Thanks Collier for welcome.