Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Honey Stove

The Tatonka burner is great; it is faster and more efficient than the Trangia, it has a much bigger fuel capacity - and stainless steel is a lot more rugged than brass.

Regards.

Jakob

[QUOTE=Ashley Cawley;858]@Skate - Love your avatar pic!

Cheers Ashley, it freaked my sister out a bit, something about Donnie Darko

It's on my christmas list

I've had a few honeys over the years and keep getting shot of them.I buy a new one thinking the last one wasn't so bad and when it arrives ,after a few uses I remember what a faff it is.Nothing wrong with it really ,it's just me.I can get on with them for more than a few weeks.

Had my honey stove for 2 years now and I love it - one of the best bits of kit I have bought because its just so versitile.

I use it for festival camping when I try to sneek some wood in (prefer that to smelly hexi but security not too keen on "open fires" so I have to be careful), and its useful for a quick brew on bike rides and walks - small brew kit and nab some water from the platypus/camelback and your away.

Also used it for regular camping when ive been able to rustle up a 2 course meal faster than a friend using a gas camp kitchen. They were amazed at it and couldnt wait to see it in action for the rest of the weekend.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Here is my thoughts on the Honey-Stove...

Also I just used it yesterday for the first time with a tatonka alcohol burner, was impressed how it fit together beautifully with just four of the side-pieces as it was made for it! Certainly versatile.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace