Thread: The Honey Stove

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Question The Honey Stove

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4709-1 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	22
    Has anyone out there used the Honey Stove? I've not long had one and I'm just trying it out. I would like to hear people's thoughts or tips with the stove.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Alone in the Wilderness
    ive had mine for a year now i use mine with wood and my whitebox stove i like the fact it packs away flat not the lightest of stoves but strong

Quote Originally Posted by blackwood View Post
    ive had mine for a year now i use mine with wood and my whitebox stove i like the fact it packs away flat not the lightest of stoves but strong
    Thanks for letting me know your thoughts, appreciated.

I too have the white box stove, not long had that one either. I'm liking both at the minute, but need to do more testing.

Ashley,
    I'm with blackwood, but because of it's weight, leave it at home and use the whitebox stove more, you will be pleasantly supprised what you can achieve with that.

Have used mine once so far during an overnighter on a windy beach. Very pleased. It is a little heavy but no fuel is carried and it packs away to nothing. It performed well once under way. Cooked my dinner on it and my fresh caught bass for breakfast. But I guess the best thing is it is more fun than a gas stove.

A great bit of kit it has to be said. I like my hobbo stoves but the Honey lets you pack it down flat which is so much better.

I pair mine up with the Tatonka burner for a really versatile cook system, it's nice to be able to still use it when there's no fire wood available or lighting a fire is a no no.

I find mine get's through wood fairly quickly once it's established, but tending a fire is half the fun isn't it

It was going to be on my xmas list, but it definitely is now ;0)

Spider....

Its already on my Christmas wish list, I have seen it used by quite a few people I know, they seem to like it. I have seen it used with just the 4 pannels and a trangia stove and the normal set up, a really versatile bit of kit, also the hive set up with it makes it into a lot larger cooker.

Here's a pic of mine which I took on a day hike earlier this year

Thumbs up Thanks for your input all

@Skate - Love your avatar pic!

@Shewie - Thanks; you've reminded me to checkout Tatonka's burner.

@Everyone - I'm hoping to do a review on both The Honey Stove & The White Box soon within the next month, so I'm actively using both ... I just need an assistant to help me drink all the brews I'm making! It's great to hear all of your experiences with it so far.

Yesterday I had the honey-stove fire'd up and was toying with turning the door into the wind and out of it, such a difference.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace