Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Britain without power

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    iv always wondered why alot of preppers advertise all their prepps on youtube...
    I used to know a 'prepper' who had constructed a 'survival bunker' and amassed a great stockpile of food. When he advised me to do the same, I jokingly responded, 'No need mate, I know where you live and I've got a gun.'

He went a bit quiet after that.

Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I used to know a 'prepper' who had constructed a 'survival bunker' and amassed a great stockpile of food. When he advised me to do the same, I jokingly responded, 'No need mate, I know where you live and I've got a gun.'

Some folk, classic, but you would never know who the true "preppers" are, because they keep stum, "loose lips sink ships" is there mantra. If we were to go dark the last place I would want to be is in an urban conurbation, as the song goes "head for the hills", or I'd take up residence in shepards caravan man cave LOL.
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

I have enough farmer friends, and enough other odds and ends, to think I'd do rather well out of a breakdown of society. In fact, bring it on, by the time it's over I'll have declared myself King of Devon, conquered Somerset and Dorset, and married Katherine Jenkins.

......Mmmmm.....my reply would have been 'I have several guns, more than enough folks who can use them, several dogs and a more than passing knowledge of IED's, mine warfare and field defences...if you can get past that lot then you've earned it '....

There is no doubt that if the scenario in the programme became reality civil unrest would follow very shortly and there woul dbe folks out there intent on taking what you have...... whether its useful or not..its about posessing what others do not have.....'its all about respec' man'...for some anyway.

as for prepping in general...I like the the Teddy Roosvelt quote or a version of it..'Speak softly........ but carry a big stick'
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    ......Mmmmm.....my reply would have been 'I have several guns, more than enough folks who can use them, several dogs and a more than passing knowledge of IED's, mine warfare and field defences...if you can get past that lot then you've earned it '....
    No doubt. This chap however was the proud possessor of an air pistol. And it was a joke anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    , or I'd take up residence in shepards caravan man cave LOL.
    as long as u let me stay as well! ha

And it was a joke anyway.
    so was my reply...see the winky ?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    so was my reply...see the winky ?
    Sorry... my recent experience of other forums has been 'humour... what's that then? Levity... stop it or go away.'

Sorry... my recent experience of other forums has been 'humour... what's that then? Levity... stop it or go away.'

No.... we do humour here as long as its clean......unlike me showing you my winky......
    [