Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bodmin Moor - October 2010

Many thanks for the OS Ref and for the info on the moors. We have decided to go to Blisland Inn for our evening meal on Tuesday after your recommendation. Thanks again
    Ian

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Bodmin Moor Walk

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Thanks for the kind offer Robin. My idea of a nice walk is much different to the other Cornwall contingent . I'm quite happy with 20+ miles per day but I fear my younger friends prefer something in the 2 mile region...
    Cheeky bugger - There's me keeping my hikes to just a few miles and acting all exhausted just to keep Martin feeling youthful!

I'd be up for whatever (day trip or overnight, pub or not)... perhaps we should just do a day-trip to start so we aren't waiting months for Martin become available?.. So fed up of him holding me up.

Robin thanks for taking the time to do the grid-references, much appreciated.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Cheeky bugger - There's me keeping my hikes to just a few miles and acting all exhausted just to keep Martin feeling youthful!

I'd be up for whatever (day trip or overnight, pub or not)... perhaps we should just do a day-trip to start so we aren't waiting months for Martin become available?.. So fed up of him holding me up.

Robin thanks for taking the time to do the grid-references, much appreciated.
    Now, everyone will notice that I never named you Ash, but you clearly have a guilty concience. Maybe it would be best just to do a gentle walk to start with, after all...

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Oh dear, I think you hit a nerve Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrown View Post
    Oh dear, I think you hit a nerve Martin.
    I think you may be right Ian.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Well guys if you decide amongst yourselves when you are all free then we can meet up for a nice "gentle walk" on Bodmin Moor.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    lol... yeah sure Robin
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    lol... yeah sure Robin
    Can you smell the fear???

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Can you smell the fear???
    I can, it's wafting up the coastline

I'm sure you'll both agree that it is one of the problems with moorland, you think 'Oh that hill looks interesting' and 'It doesn't look far' but by the time you've navigated around the marshes, found some way through a couple of fences, managed to find the narrowest part of the river to jump across, you've walked bleedin miles.

I put together a route on google maps for someone on here today for when they visit the moor and google claims, in it's wisdom, that it's 7.14 miles, yeah right! By the time you've found a way around all the obstacles and visited all the 'interesting' places I've labeled I reckon it'll be closer to 14 miles.

i love bodmin moor its more baron than dartmoor i think,always enjoy my drive across te atlantic highway to stay in bude ,also went to lizard point last week very very beutiful place
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars