Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What're you foraging right now?

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    Picked 38lb of wild plums last week. They are now steeping in fermentation buckets ready to make 30 litres odd of plum wine.
    Paul - just doing out the attic and if you're interested there's two 5.5 gallon fermenting buckets you'd be very welcome to. I think there's some other stuff for doing bottled beer to but we've not yet managed tunnel to it yet.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    MMMM plum wine,Dont forget to bring 1or2or3 bottle's to home farm if we ever get over there again Paul,nudge, nudge, wink, wink,Mark.
    Absolutely mate! Won't be too drinkable though. It takes several months to age. Plum wine is a bit a commitment really. I'll bring a bottle of the elderflower champagne I did in June though. That should be just about ready ...and some of the beer.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Paul - just doing out the attic and if you're interested there's two 5.5 gallon fermenting buckets you'd be very welcome to. I think there's some other stuff for doing bottled beer to but we've not yet managed tunnel to it yet.
    That would be awesome mate! Thanks!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    Leave no trace

Today while at an adventure park with the kids I picked a pound or so of blackberries, and feasted on some ripe elderberries and a couple of sloes. This evening I picked 5ilb of the larger rose hips and they are half way to becoming syrup.

Gd work mate! Never had township syrup!

I bet no one else has had "township" syrup either.....blood#y predictive txt! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I bet no one else has had "township" syrup either.....blood#y predictive txt! Lol!
    It might as well be because they were picked on the housing estate !!

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post

Ha!
    Paul

My YOUTUBE Channel
    Leave no trace

I've been busy with brambles...... making another batch of bramble whiskey for xmas 2014 and bramble jelly.
    Going out for rose hips this weekend to make syrup.