Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A hyperthetical question.................

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Simon B I know we went kind of O.T but yes I've done a 28 days+ stint in a Bunker more than once, without coming outside. rationing water purification etc.. similar to what you were hypothetically discussing. I suppose in a cave system taking into consideration the loss of creature comforts, damp living conditions, ailments from such etc.. I'm sure there would be a few who would be heading to take their chances outside rather than such conditions. It ain't easy BTW ok a 24-48 hour NBC kit dug into a trench exercise scenario etc.. try it longer term
    Regards
    David

I've done 28 days above ground in Three Romeo oh and that was doing physical work ....flippinng Crab Air !
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Simon B I know we went kind of O.T but yes I've done a 28 days+ stint in a Bunker more than once, without coming outside. rationing water purification etc.. similar to what you were hypothetically discussing. I suppose in a cave system taking into consideration the loss of creature comforts, damp living conditions, ailments from such etc.. I'm sure there would be a few who would be heading to take their chances outside rather than such conditions. It ain't easy BTW ok a 24-48 hour NBC kit dug into a trench exercise scenario etc.. try it longer term
    Regards
    David
    I think in the long run you'd probably shuffle off your mortal coil, assisted with some lead. To be honest dark damp living conditions are going to cause depression in the long term. Also humans are social creatures, without social interaction and natural light, your already playing with fire.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Wanderer
    oh god how many times have I heard that " humans are social animals"?? not all of us are, I prefer to be away from people, solitude is the ideal for me cant stand crowds.

I'm not really a people person either, but some company is good for morale. I'd be happy with just my OH and my dog.

No don't get me wrong I'm as anti social as the rest of you, but why do you think solitary is used in the penal system. Being on your own for large periods of time with literally no company will drive you mad, especially in those conditions.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

Wanderer
    depends on the company, some people are BAD for morale, give me an animal any day.

Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Midge_Fodder View Post
    No don't get me wrong I'm as anti social as the rest of you, but why do you think solitary is used in the penal system. Being on your own for large periods of time with literally no company will drive you mad, especially in those conditions.
    not me buddy, I THRIVE on being away from people, spent most of my childhood and a big chunk of my adult life alone, I prefer to be alone.

Aye that's a fair point.
    Border Bushcrafters

Quote Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
    give me an animal any day.
    You want to be careful how you say that but I take your point, in the main animals are far better company than most people.