Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A hyperthetical question.................

Tactical nukes or high level EMP are the probable options; M.A.D just doesn't make sense anymore, why irradiate your enemies equipment when you can take it! Besides, as long as the oil is intact, would any superpower care??!

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    To be honest it's not nuke but bio I'd be worried about, nuke I'm dead and can't do anything about it, biological is a whole lot scarier than that in my opinion.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Aye an exo-atmospheric blast is a possibility and in my view the most likely scenario.... unless Obama pushes the wrong desk button when trying to order its morning coffee.

Exo-atmospheric blast creating a massive EMP will see us finding out how to live in reality once again. Without the idiot box in the corner of the living room and some folks might even learn to use a map again!

Just have to feel for those hooked to machines in hospitals as I don't think they are stormproofed.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    I remember the drill fella... And I also know how much they taught us was pure bs..... A noddy suite will not protect you from the heat of a blast in lying down in a ditch... I'd be well done on one side... The trenches are nowt more than a glorified, self dug grave...
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Not to worry though mate....we have TOWIE and X Factor to numb the pain now
    And boy are they numbing on every level
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    My only plan consist of sticking my head between my thighs, make a final gesture, and kiss my .... goodbye...

Else:

Be under no illusion if Putins army go on tour there would be little we could do especially if China joined in too - Their conventional forces are plentiful enough and sophisticated enough
    [

Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post

Just have to feel for those hooked to machines in hospitals as I don't think they are stormproofed.
    if the SHTF anyone with a lifethreatening illness, the very old, the infirm and the very young have probably all had it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    Aye an exo-atmospheric blast is a possibility and in my view the most likely scenario.... unless Obama pushes the wrong desk button when trying to order its morning coffee.

Exo-atmospheric blast creating a massive EMP will see us finding out how to live in reality once again. Without the idiot box in the corner of the living room and some folks might even learn to use a map again!

I just read "Lights Out", based on very similar circumstances - good book!

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Due to HM Armed Forces cut backs Britain's contribution to NATO Ukraine crisis. I made this earlier
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBC News.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	11799