Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun Hunting permission in cornwall?

Shotgun Hunting permission in cornwall?

Hiya,

I used to do abit of hunting with an air rifle but hard times called and I had to sell it. Im looking to get back into hunting but would like to get a shotgun, the only problem is that the place I used to shoot at has been sold and the new owners dont want any hunting taking place on their land! This leaves me with a problem, I need to have permission to shoot on some land to be able to apply for a shotgun liscence and of course to actually go hunting on! Does anyone know anywhere I could possibly go? Any friendly farmers on here?

Regards,

Anthony.

Ha Bud, I found the best way to get a shotgun liscence is to join or start going to a clay shooting club in your airier or tell old bill that you want to join one and dont forget,dont pay out for a gun cabinet befor you get you'r liscence.......Atb.......TONY.

Hey Anthony, I've a couple of mates who do a bit of shooting roundabouts. One has mentioned going to a site near Rosudgeon, the other a site near Godolphin Cross (they might be going to the same site?) Anyway, I'm meeting with one of them for a beer on Thursday, so I'll ask them and see what they say.

Atb.

Colin
    Ansum La

Cheers Colin, would be appreciated!

Join BASC - http://www.basc.org.uk/ - that way it shows a Farmer that you are serious and that you have 3rd party liability insurance.
    It's about the first question we ask if people have it
    Also, BASC legal department are good if you have trouble getting your shotgun certificate
    Last edited by happybonzo; 21-08-2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: biff typing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Cheers for the info bud!

I didn't actually catch up with my mate Al until yesterday and while he did give me some info, it might not be what you are after.

The site he used to go to up your way was an invitation only permission, basically an old boy who liked his shooting and liked to have his friends round. Sadly the old boy is no longer with us and his son does not share his passion. So that is a bust.

Al reckoned there is another private site near Nancledra, which is home to the West Cornwall Gun Club and they get up to all sort of shenanigans. But I can find no trace of either the site or the gun club. In fact the only reference I can find online to anything shooting related is the West Penwith Gun Club in the BBC Doomsday project (1986). So I'm guessing either the club has a different name and a minimal internet footprint or Al is mixing up Nancledra with somewhere else).

The only thing of potential use Al did say was, he got his invite to private permissions after getting 'in' with the folks at the St Ives and Penzance Rifle and Pistol Club and I have found a link for them (and all the other clubs in the area, including one in Helston)

CORNWALL TARGET SHOOTING ASSOCIATION

If you are having no luck finding a permission yourself and have not tried these folks already, it might be worth getting in touch?

Anyway good luck.

Atb.

Colin
    Ansum La

Thanks mate. Will have a look into it!

Trapper
    you do realise you dont need to be a member of any clubs, or to have any permissions to apply for a shotgun license don't you? its everyone's right to apply for one, its only when you get into firearms that you need permissions when applying for certs

Yeah, I kinda knew that but thanks for the info!:-D