Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What constitutes a fishing rod?

Samuel Hearne
    I was given a pen rod i only used it once before it broke, i will stick to my small 4 piece spinning rod.

Hi,
    Theres pen rods + pen rods...............some are much longer and better quality.

I got mine a couple of years ago from the States - "Pen Rod Extreme" - they are in a different league to the commonly available ones.
    Their site is a bit "individual" but the kit + service are fab - no affiliation etc.
    See link here:
    http://penfishingrods.com/shop/

I also got one from over here - theres a big difference in size + quality. The "Extreme" is far superior in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by John_McC View Post
    This is what I have LINK with a bit of imagination it could be classed as a very short rod ?

Attachment 9842
    Hey looks like we have the same kit, I got mine from a very nice chap on ebay. "A very short rod" I think that would be a stretch of the inagination...although worth a try.

Okay I have a question for the experts here. Are hobo's/handlines illegal if they are used on your own land? Only reason I ask is that (in a perfect world) I would buy a house and land with a stream running through it.

Thanks,
    Malc.

Couldn't say in the US......Here in the UK you can bet it is lol
    [

Samuel Hearne
    I have a few hand lines and have used them many a time, and the way I see it they are only illegal if caught using them, I do know that its not illegal to use them in the sea though and I have caught lobster, mackerel and a few crabs with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Couldn't say in the US......Here in the UK you can bet it is lol
    Sorry mate I forgot to mention I plan to use my handlines in the UK when we get over there. But as Ian C said it's only illegal if you're caught doing it and if it's on my land who the heck is going to turn me in???

I note in "Thumbcrushers"original post,that a hand line is legal if it has no hook on it.Ie a "Crab line"as they term it!!Years ago we used to fish for eels with a "tangle"of wool,with worms tied into it.the eels teeth getting caught in the tangle of wool!
    Not quite as productive as a weighted sack on a rope,rabbit guts in bottom of it.then loosely filled with straw.But it worked!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown