Page 7 of 646 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Totally forgot:

A Trangia adapter for installing the Optimus NOVA+ in my Trangia. Not that I am planning to do that, buy it is a nice option to have
    A Zippo Emergency Fire Starter - a free sample dropped off by one of our suppliers

Blizzard Survival Bag and a couple more small Exped dry bags.

Quick Drying Hand Towel, Honey Stove (am loving this), Mil-Com Bivvy Bag (because my Pro-Force Kestrel was terrible for condensation), Folding Grill and a new 3mx3m DD Tarp as an over-enthusiastic dog jumped on mine and ripped it.

Today I too succumbed to the lure of the honey stove, couldn't wait until my birthday because I wanted it NOW! Ordered today, hoping to get it nicely unshiny at the weekend.

Matt.
    It's not arson if it's your own stuff

Wanderer
    Hi Matt, I liked the Whitebox stove you showed me so I ordered one from backpacking light. Got delivered today, very nice bit of kit!
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 10-02-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I should have a Honey Stove on the way.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Today I too succumbed to the lure of the honey stove, couldn't wait until my birthday because I wanted it NOW! Ordered today, hoping to get it nicely unshiny at the weekend.

Matt.
    This kinda thing may happen to me with the Svord Peasant knife.... Its on my birthday list, but thats in May... Its a lifetime away!! I too Need (not want!) it now

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    This kinda thing may happen to me with the Svord Peasant knife.... Its on my birthday list, but thats in May... Its a lifetime away!! I too Need (not want!) it now
    And it doesn't cost as much as a rug
    It's not arson if it's your own stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    Looks like Matt's started a Svord fan club here!

When you get it Phil, it may look a bit rough but take it apart and work on the blade with coarse, medium then fine grit paper, then give it a good hour's worth each side on a wet-stone (mine's a 1000 Japanese job). It will look a dull grey at this point. Then put some Autosol (or Brasso, but Autosol's better) and give each side a good rubbing with a Scotchbrite pad - you'll get a mirror finish. Sand down the wood as it's a bit too 'squared' and you'll have a real beauty! I'm actually sourcing some antler or exotic wood to replace the original. Feels really nice in the hand. And, in my opinion, May's much to far away. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but this worked for me and I love this little knife now!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    And it doesn't cost as much as a rug
    Extremely valid point! After having a look at yours and watching Justins review and the price too, I'm sold

Even if I only bought a knife last week