Page 643 of 646 FirstFirst ... 143543593633634635636637638639640641642643644645646 LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 6454

Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Wool socks again... 👍
    Oh and a Merino wool thermal vest to add to the others....

TAD 5.0 softshell jacket.

My old green TAD 4.0 jacket is just as fine as it was, I'm just getting another color, Coffee brown is more civy looking than Army green. :-)
    Got tired of questions if i was working in the forces, as the army recently adopted a similar designed soft shell jacket...
    So this will be my everyday jacket, and my old green one I'll use for when in the forrest. That way I have one that I do not have to worry if it smells like a forrest fire.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hobo
    Solo Scientific Aurora Firesteel. I will be often going close to the sea so I picked this one to cover it from salt. Plus it can be used on its own, having its own striking blade. Not to mention I just love the design. I don't know if SS is the original producer cause I've seen different companies doing that fire steel which means some of them must be fake. Im not much of a gear freak anyways, if it works then it works
    Also, Rite in the Rain notebook, but I don't think there is something better/worse to pick from. Just a notebook, right?

In my book a fire steel is only fake if it does not produce sparks... :-)
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

I like the rite in the rain note books. I've used cheaper ones and some have been fine but some have fallen apart a bit.

You all know what a fan I am of wool, but to tell the truth, 90% of the time i wear fleece, simply beacosue wool is heavy, and most o fthe time to warm to wear.
    The wife recently bought a very nice, thick fleece jacket for herself, me and runt for 9£ each at the Jula store...think the Liedl of hardware stores, lol
    Anyway they are isanely warm. The runt fell asleep on the sofa this evening, so I put mine over him as a blanket. And when I later carried him to bed, he was sweating like piglet over i a fire :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)

A Lixada Portable Stainless Steel Lightweight Folding Wood Stove Pocket Stove from Amazon. Gave it a test burn and so far so good. It assembles much faster and easier than the previous model, so far I like it.

Got that Tad 5 softshell jacket today. And the color made all the diffence. My old Tad 4 was millitary green, and the army uses a similar designed jacket. And
    that made me feel self concious wearing it in public for some reason. But this one is a dark brown so I do not have that issue. It is silly really. But the old one is still in good condition and
    is now my designated fishing jacket, as that is a situation where I do not care much what I am wearing.
    (Roald Amundsen)

Hobo
    Nice jacket. FishyFolk is Telemark backpack easy to get in Norway?

I just bought Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG version. Ill leave Helle knives for times I will have too much money and too much kit, now ill stick to that. 12$.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf44 View Post
    Nice jacket. FishyFolk is Telemark backpack easy to get in Norway?

I just bought Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG version. Ill leave Helle knives for times I will have too much money and too much kit, now ill stick to that. 12$.
    Mora and Helle uses the same steel in many of the knives, so that will be perfectly fine. The extra you pay for in a Helle are just looks and brand name really.

On the Telemark backpack....do you mean the one from Bergans? The answer depends on what model and size you want I guess, but Bergans backpacks are very common here.
    (Roald Amundsen)