Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Since photography is what brings me out there these days...

A new ball head for my tripod, an L bracket for the same, plus a monopod with ball head.
    All as a b-day present from the Wife :-)

Oh yeah, and a Master class in landscape photography :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    that seem a very good kit..woody.at a reasonable price.
    n when off road.outside help isnt on hand.
    Exactly! I'll put a link up in a bit, so to list contents , etc.

I thought it quite a modest price too for what it is...

I made an error in previous post, it wasn't just under £20 it was just over...
    link:

http://stjohnsupplies.co.uk/products...ndard-burn-kit
    Last edited by Woody; 13-08-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Have been using that same kit for a few years now along with a comprehensive First Aid Kit from them. Has served me well and come to the rescue of even a few strangers when camping. Also first aid trained but recently undertook a level 5 including remote outdoor and emergency situation management. Very interesting course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Have been using that same kit for a few years now along with a comprehensive First Aid Kit from them. Has served me well and come to the rescue of even a few strangers when camping. Also first aid trained but recently undertook a level 5 including remote outdoor and emergency situation management. Very interesting course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It does indeed sound very interesting the L5 course.
    I'll be checking that out...
    Thanks Jus
    👍

Bought a Condor Mini Duku Parang. Will be testing it out tomorrow, maybe take some pictures if i can rope in one of the family!

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I have landed the gold mine....
    It cost me $150, but I landed a vintage US made crosscut saw (with the original handles) and in very good condition It's almost as if the saw was used a few times and then put away. It has some surface rust, but that's about it...can't wait to see what the patina looks like. My supervisor, who restores and maintains crosscuts himself, gave it a two thumbs up . I don't have pictures as of yet, but I'll get around to that next week.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

another shotgun... i dont why.. i dont need one,... but its another to add to the collection... old side by side... i may use it for flighting ducks some nights in the future if i get bored with my semi auto

Just got a Ti-Goat large, not the cylinder type, the box, gonna burn it in this weekend, it's light and small pack size, very

Just got a bargain last week...
    Got a mint condition OG Karrimor SF 60-100 ltr with 2 of the PLC side zip up pouches of about 15 ltrs each with it as well as the rain cover.

£100 off Gumtree

I've been after a big rucksack for longer trips as me and the boy are training for a long , long walk sometime next year... I though we could do it this Autumn but failing to prepare is preparing to fail as they say...

So this was a nice bargain

Just made the coup of the year, and it will last me a lifetime if I play my cards right, *evil grin*

Just picked up a pair of Norwegian army M-77 combat boots for next to nothing at the local charity shop.
    Now these are sold on the civillian market as well, for a princely sum. To much for me as I have a pair or two of perfectly good boots,
    so getting a pair of M-77 have been on the back burner as my "next" pair of boots.

But what makes the pair I purchased now stand out however, is the brand carved into the underside, which not only marks them as
    original M-77 boots, but it also marks thamas made for the army. Which means that anyone still in uniform can walk into an army depot
    and have them replaced by a new pair when the old ones are worn out. So as long as I know somebody still in the service, I will have
    free boots

Han having done my time for King and Country, I do not have an inch of bad concience over it :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum