Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Hobo
    I bought myself a rab sil-tarp 2 as I realised it is roughly half the size and weight when packed as the dd 3x3. I need to seam seal it first. It's rather nifty. I have a pic of the two lying side by side although I can't get it uploaded for some reason. I also bought myself the tbs boar and the snugpak special forces bivi bag to go with my snugpak kestrel sleeping bag. It's crazy how the money goes and you reply to your partner with the old I have shown you that already have I not when quizzed about shiny new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by hunnersahings View Post
    I bought myself a rab sil-tarp 2 as I realised it is roughly half the size and weight when packed as the dd 3x3. I need to seam seal it first. It's rather nifty. I have a pic of the two lying side by side although I can't get it uploaded for some reason. I also bought myself the tbs boar and the snugpak special forces bivi bag to go with my snugpak kestrel sleeping bag. It's crazy how the money goes and you reply to your partner with the old I have shown you that already have I not when quizzed about shiny new gear.
    Ouch at the price though. I have the DD superlight tarp but comes in slightly heavier by about 70 grams. Would be interesting to know the pack size as the DD is definitely a pocket size package.

Hobo
    The pack size is 20x10cm. It fits in the top zip pocket on my highlander pro forces 44 rucksack which is quite good as I don't bees to open up my bag to get a shelter up. What size is the superlight tarp? I never knew dd done such a thing. Yeah it was expensive. Double the price of my dd tarp. How much did yours cost?

The DD is nigh on a 3x3 if I remember rightly, one side might be a little shorter. The tarp on its own is about £65 but mine was bought as part of a package with the superlight hammock and bug net. Lovely setup that is.

Hobo
    What's it like sleeping in a hammock? I have had my eye on a dd hammock for about a year or so. The dd kit is well priced and we'll built. I think I need to do a bit of ground dwelling for the time being to get use out of the snugpak bivi bag I recently bought. What rucksack do you use? I have the highlander one mentioned. It's ok but I think I could do with more pockets or better side pockets.

I bought some new trainers - not very bushcraft. BUT, while in Sports Direct I noticed that their dry bags are reduced (by 50%) but the stock liquidation is only on for a week.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-dry-bag-784313

Enjoy,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

just received my pathfinder scout clone that i had made for me by mark hill... will use it abit then do a reviews..

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    just received my pathfinder scout clone that i had made for me by mark hill... will use it abit then do a reviews..
    Knives like busses eh mate?

Quote Originally Posted by mick91 View Post
    Knives like busses eh mate?
    haha indeed mate.. going to pop up a review of the one i got off you also pal... its a cracker... like a razor

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    haha indeed mate.. going to pop up a review of the one i got off you also pal... its a cracker... like a razor
    Good stuff mate. Interested in the scout clone too actually!