Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Say Thumbcrusher what do think of the Stratos Tent would you recommend it?

Lookes like a good alternative when I cannot use my hammock.
    I'm very happy with it mate. not the smallest packing tent but very lightweight despite size. I was really surprised at how roomy it is when its set up - easy get three people and their rucksacks in there no problem. Ideal for backpacking i'd say.
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Thanks for reply,

It looks really good, nice and simple set up too. What I have found is although you may want to travel light some tents can be too small.

Samuel Hearne
    A pair of PLCE Bergan side pouches only £3 at the booty yesterday.

Well I didn't buy them....... a pressie off her indoors, A self healing archery boss and targets and 10 wooden arrows, luvly jubly
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Local EMS store was selling Backpackers' Pantry dehydrated meals at 6 for $24...so of course I got 6 of them
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Local EMS store was selling Backpackers' Pantry dehydrated meals at 6 for $24...so of course I got 6 of them
    Dont know what they normally sell for over there but it sounds like a deal to me
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

I was actually looking for a Leatherman Squirt P4, because I didn't want the PS4 and by accident stumbled upon this on the bay. An USAF 6545-01-534-0935 Cage 7S327 Survival Module for 44 € including p&p! I have to say that I am quite surprised by the value that I got for my money. The module was declared "opened" so I was sceptic at first but everything was more or less mint condition except for the mirror.

1x Leatherman Squirt P4
    2x Laser Light Finger Points (1x Visible Red, 1x IR) - quite impressed by these little lights
    2x Wetfire Tinder
    10x Aquamira Waterpurifcation Tablets
    10x Stormproof Matches in waterproof container
    1x Sparky thing for Firelighting
    1x UCME Tornado Whistle (dang that thing is friggn loud!)
    1x Tiny Button Compass (which actually works!)
    1x key for handcuffs (yeah...ok...nice to have)
    1x starflash ultra signal mirror (which was unfortunately broken, read up on the internet that they do disassemble easily)
    1x McNett Camo Cravat (The edges are cut rough as it is intended for bandaging. The textile is so strong that I put it on the sewing machine and put proper seams all aroung. Now it is a really neat triangular scarf/bandana-thing in ACU Camo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cage 7S327.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	13229

Can't find much about this but bound this pdf on the internet "TECHNICAL MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROCUREMENT, ISSUE, USE AND MAINTENANCE OF MEDICAL KITS" which explains the purpose of this kit like follows:

" NSN 6545-01-534-0935, SURVIVAL MODULE
    -
    3.5.1 Purpose.
    The module provides first aid and survival items for Airman to treat injuries sustained in the line of duty
    and aid in operations where military personnel and other selected individuals are enabled to emerge from an enemy-held or
    hostile area to areas under friendly control."

Quite a good buy in my eyes!
    Last edited by Primerib; 25-04-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    A right bag of goodies that
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

In a moment of genius I have just taken delivery of a 28ft army surplus parachute. Now just trying to decide what to do with it!!

Recently visited Caerleon remains of Roman fort near Usk and could not resist buying this replica oil lamp.

They used Olive oil and surprisingly gives of quite a lot of light.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp1.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	13236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp2.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	13237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp3.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	13238

Definitely coming me on my next trip!