Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Thanks for that info Rune. Working the dates back the Bergan seems to be from 1970-1. It belonged to someone who didn't make it home from the Falklands in 1982, apparently it was bought just for a college expedition when he was still studying, which is how his relatives can roughly date it. I've promised to take care of it and put it to good use..

won 20 assorted files on e*ay for £4.99. 30 mile round trip to collect but no problem. now all I need is a small forge making!!!
    Name:  s-l140.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  4.2 KB
    you're only young once, but immaturity lasts for ever
    4 out of 3 people struggle with maths
    there are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

TrailStar Cuben InnerNet
    Been looking at these for a while, finger got itchy

Thermarest Z Lite Camping Mat
    I use a X lite in conjunction with multimat ccf. Decided to give this ago to replace the multimat. May chop a bit off for a seat
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

A Freemont Farson Hatchet,More an ulu with a handle,than an axe !.
    Bought it for game preperation/skinning, on my forth coming Boar hunting trip,in Croatia.
    www.heinnie.com/fremont-farson-hatchet
    www.facebook.com/fremontknives

Worth a look its an interesting tool.
    Last edited by midas; 13-11-2014 at 10:54 AM.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    That's a different looking bit of kit. That cord wrapped handle will need some careful scrubbing after butchering a big animal, otherwise you'll have a 12,000 member Blue Bottle fan club when the cord goes ripe....

Samuel Hearne
    Just ordered 20Mtrs of amsteel blue, and a instant fisherman (fishing rod) for the Mrs for Xmas I will get her something else as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    ......... I will get her something else as well.
    Maybe some frozen lug worms?
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    That's a different looking bit of kit. That cord wrapped handle will need some careful scrubbing after butchering a big animal, otherwise you'll have a 12,000 member Blue Bottle fan club when the cord goes ripe....
    I'll agree with you on that.!.Ive left it as it is so i can give it a true test.I see main use removing thick boar hide n layer of fat,rather than gutting,removing lymph glands etc.
    There is no reason I cannot put a handle on it.Reason they have paracord is so it can be removed.as they recommend "battoning"downwards,ie,hammering on the handle..to split logs.
    On some of the "demo/review"tapes,the cord works loose,after a few chopping strikes.so its not good for purpose.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown