Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    ......I had the worst nights sleep last week due to not hanging my hammock at the correct angle.......
    The Breakfast Club have a special method that I know they will not mind me sharing. Basically, hang your hammock etc and set it up as normal but don't spend too much time on it. Next, sit yourself in front of the campfire and indulge in several large brandies, ports, red wine or all three. Repeat this until you don't really care how your hammock looks. Now carefully get into your hammock and enjoy a great night's sleep!

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    The Breakfast Club have a special method that I know they will not mind me sharing. Basically, hang your hammock etc and set it up as normal but don't spend too much time on it. Next, sit yourself in front of the campfire and indulge in several large brandies, ports, red wine or all three. Repeat this until you don't really care how your hammock looks. Now carefully get into your hammock and enjoy a great night's sleep!

M@
    Or as some have done "UNDERNEATH IT",that way you cant fall out!!!lol.CHEERS,hik.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

M@

http://instagram.com/p/kZbrNNLjdm/
    Last edited by f0rm4t; 12-03-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I saw your post about this the other day and thought what a great idea. I had the worst nights sleep last week due to not hanging my hammock at the correct angle. I'm still pretty new to hammock camping and haven't even managed ten nights out in one yet so this might help.

It was a bad idea with the link to the store though, I could spend a fortune on it !!. Whats the shipping costs like Adz.
    I feel your pain! When first started hammock'ing a few years back I found it impossible to get a good nights sleep. It really is just a case case of setup-config and setup-repetition.
    Now I have my head end slighty lower to stop the "Heavy part of your body sliding to the middle" effect (yes its a real term)
    Have a slightly shallow banana shape to the hammock, and get yourself an underblanket.
    It realy is a case of getting used to it too, persistence overcomes resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Point your index finger, and stick your thumb stright up. the angle of the imaginary line between the tip of your index finger and the tip of your thumb will be aprox 30 degrees, the correct angle for your hammock suspension :-)
    I've not come accross that one Rune, Top-Tip bud!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Peasant
    Just received my Swedish FireKnife by Light My Fire. The blade is made by Mora

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage View Post
    That's how I was shown to do it, but I don't bother with angles now. You get used to how taught the hammock needs to be, to get a good nights kip

Yeah it does not take long to get the hang of it :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

M@
    Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    I feel your pain! When first started hammock'ing a few years back I found it impossible to get a good nights sleep. It really is just a case case of setup-config and setup-repetition.
    Now I have my head end slighty lower to stop the "Heavy part of your body sliding to the middle" effect (yes its a real term)
    Have a slightly shallow banana shape to the hammock, and get yourself an underblanket.
    It realy is a case of getting used to it too, persistence overcomes resistance.

I've not come accross that one Rune, Top-Tip bud!
    I like the idea about having the head slightly lower in the hammock, it makes real sense.

That's a great tip Rune, thankyou.

On this occasion I used a different suspension method. I normally use whoopie slings with no problem but there is still a small doubt in the back of my head that they will break under my svelt 18 stone frame.
    Last edited by Chubbs; 12-03-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    I've seen your mouse and keyboard. The mouse is as big as a breeze bock and the keyboard is over a yard long! That would make your hip flask as tall as.......

....my fore-arm! Personally I prefer to use something of a more suitable size. Like a jerry-can.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

2 x 5 litre tins of Fabsil for £30.00.

Local camping supplies shop had a few on Ebay as they were stock damaged (bent tins). Gave them a ring and they sold me them while I was on the phone.