Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post
    faith, folk, family but that's for another thread
    t^ t^ t^
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Well it's a pretty simple idea take some waste pipe (2" stuff) solvent weld a stop end on one side at the other end use a universal stop end that way it's removable. wrap it in the real tree tape for added colour and so you don't have a glaring white tube attaches to your pack. Then down the side putt a strip off webbing and pop rivet it at 2" intervals. It's going to have 2 d rings so I can put a shoulder strap on it but it will literally fit any rucksack. I recon it will go together pretty fast.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

lol.. I get what you mean now, don't ask me why but I thought you were making a super portable rod.... serves me right for scanning whilst knackered.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    It is more the fixing point lol
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Family cave...we all enjoy being out in the garden / allotment
    I've lived 2 years of my life in one of those :-)
    The army converted them into living quarters for deployment overseas. Even kitchen units and field hospitals. Just slot them together, and hook up electricity.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Yes Rune, over here they were called submarines...well over the water in the six counties they were
    [

.... ah the old corrimec

4 blokes, 4 lockers, 1 tv, aircon (not working) pin ups from jazz mags and the overnight breath and farts that could fell a bison.......

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    .... ah the old corrimec

4 blokes, 4 lockers, 1 tv, aircon (not working) pin ups from jazz mags and the overnight breath and farts that could fell a bison.......
    In Kosovo we were 31 lads in the platoon. We had enough containers for 2 in each "room". And I happened to be the snorer...so I got a whole container fro myself, and my AC was working....had no TV though...

:-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Peasant
    Just bought myself a Sawyer Mini Water filter. Read up loads of reports on different types and think this was the best to cover my needs. 100,000 galls should just about cover it lol

Midge_Fodder, watch those pop rivet heads (would be OK if only you could rivet from inside..lol ), they will rub at your nice fly rod. Would be better to epoxy a webbing and D ring attachment and bind over the fixing with your real tree tape,
    Campfires are best shared with friends.