Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

I have a lavvu, mine arrived damp and blackened by mould. Was too expensive to post back for a refund. anyone else had this problem, they seem to have been in storage since the 1970s??

anyhow, back on topic, today I bought 2.5 litres of fabsil to reproof it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tent peg View Post
    I have a lavvu, mine arrived damp and blackened by mould. Was too expensive to post back for a refund. anyone else had this problem, they seem to have been in storage since the 1970s??

Most of the companies that sell bushcraft gear have excellent after sales service. Give them a call and explain the problem. I'm sure they will replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Most of the companies that sell bushcraft gear have excellent after sales service. Give them a call and explain the problem. I'm sure they will replace it.
    Also if it is damp and blackened, and hasn't been advertised as such, it is the sellers responsibility to pay for the return postage, whether he replaces it, or just refunds the original purchase and postage costs.

Like Chubbs says though, most bushcraft stores have great service these days, so it's worth contacting them and explaining the issue. Worth checking before you try to reproof it, as you don;t want to waste Fabsil if you don;t have to
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Went in the hunting shop on my 18th birthday, only to see a Nacsan Classic 3.75" , on a "birthday special" ironicaly. Stainless steel blade. Only cost me $30/15GBP , good sharp blade for stainless
    Previously known as Kieran, joined NBC in 2010, then lost my account details last year
    you must succeed mentally,
    http://www.ruralsurvival.co.uk/
    http://www.ruralsurvival.co.nz/

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    British Forces Gore-Tex Jacket MTP (issue) & a spare Multi-Terrain Pattern Waterproof ECWCS Jacket Gen II. Replacing my DPM kit..
    Regards
    David

Three Cold Steel tomahawks for a bit of axe throwing

Name:  frontier-hawk-90fh.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  16.1 KB

And Chubbs is bringing down a bed roll to the next meet as well. Get to join the fashion crew now!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    not all companies, this company still owe me money (Paypal complaint open). I just decided to wash it out, reproof and keep it, less hassle, I won't buy from them again!

not all companies, this company still owe me money (Paypal complaint open). I just decided to wash it out, reproof and keep it, less hassle, I won't buy from them again!
    That's not good business.

Who did you buy it from.

Tribal Elder
    lol yet another army basha!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

UQ Tri-Plate (£9.00)

UKHammocks Winter Full Length Under Quilt (+100g overfill) (£140 used)

There is a sale on quilts on the 21st at UKH but I decided getting this second hand was still a good deal since as delivery was included plus there would likely be a backlog and longer waiting list during the sale.

Last edited by ADz; 12-02-2014 at 05:09 PM.