Page 13 of 646 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Schott fleece-lined cotton camo jacket with integral hood from 2nd hand shop for a tenner. A couple of hours with a block of beeswax and a hairdryer and I've got a homemade 'Barbour'.

Canned butter Ghee from Tescos with plastic resealable lid
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Tribal Elder
    Saw and sanding paper

Went to Cornwall for a couple of days and visited The Bunker Warehouse in Wadebridge and bought 2 Austrian Army 100% pure wool jumpers one for me and one for the wife for £15 each and a Goretex Jacket for £35.00 Lovely people very helpful. Then went to Trago Mills on the way home to buy Meths as on the forum it is reported to be the cheapest. They weren't wrong, I bought 3 x 2lt Bottles @ £3.39 each. In buckinghamshire I am paying £2.99 for 500ml of same company. Many thanks to all who suggested Trago Mills saved me a fortune.

Icebreaker Oasis Crew merino base layer for £34.99 with free delivery, cheapest I could find online.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrown View Post
    Then went to Trago Mills on the way home to buy Meths as on the forum it is reported to be the cheapest. They weren't wrong, I bought 3 x 2lt Bottles @ £3.39 each. In buckinghamshire I am paying £2.99 for 500ml of same company. Many thanks to all who suggested Trago Mills saved me a fortune.
    "Nobody beats Traaaaago Mills, nobody beats Trago Mills"!
    Blinding place proper hobo shopping! I was there yesterday buying calico and tar paint for my coracle. Most stuff is good value there, however, some stuff is just cheap kak. Good tip on the meths tho, wish I'd picked some up while I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    "Nobody beats Traaaaago Mills, nobody beats Trago Mills"!
    Blinding place proper hobo shopping! I was there yesterday buying calico and tar paint for my coracle. Most stuff is good value there, however, some stuff is just cheap kak. Good tip on the meths tho, wish I'd picked some up while I was there.
    You are soooo right Phil, wish we had one nearer. Don't buy all the Meths save some for me, I will be at the Cornwall RV and will make a trip to Trago Mills to buy some more bits and Meths.

Not bought exactly but more of a guided hand for my bday pressies. A light my fire spice box and an Antig Outdoors woodlore - Woodgas Stove.

http://www.antigoutdoors.com/product...woodlore-stove

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by glennyb25 View Post
    Not bought exactly but more of a guided hand for my bday pressies. A light my fire spice box and an Antig Outdoors woodlore - Woodgas Stove.

http://www.antigoutdoors.com/product...woodlore-stove

Cheers
    It's the same as the Bushcooker I bought last year. Wood gas stoves are a great bit of kit to own. A handful of twigs and you have some boiled water...
    It's amazing what you can do with some meths and hexi blocks!

Coming Soon - http://www.bushcrafters.co.uk

Went to Netto and Bazar Vest in Aarhus today, where I picked up two small oriental style aluminium cooking pots with wooden handles for D.Kr. 29 each (£ 3,25) and a chinese stainless steel tea kettle for D.Kr. 50 (£ 5,65).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kogegrej_01.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	737

Great cheap items for a bit of vintage style hiking.