Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Trapper
    A Paramo Fuera smock in Moss so I can blend in quietly. I should really stop buying green clothing but my Buffalo wind shirt in purple and a blue calange fleece seem to be about it.

A pair of cow horns (well I think they are cow anyway), for £7, from the local antiques dealer. Not sure what I'm gunna do with them, but they look cool next to my hat Maybe a little poucher-ish though.

Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Tribesman
    Let me guess Adam
    Muzzle loader next
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

I was thinking blunderbuss lol, although an elephant gun would also do haha

Yesterday:
    Stetson AVA Waxed Cotton, dark brown; http://grejbiksen-webshop.dk/upload_....w800.h700.jpg

Today:
    2x Lifeventure Trek Mug; http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/cookware/trek-mug.html - for winter treks
    Morakniv Classic No. 2; http://www.moraofsweden.se/index.php?cid=193&ssel=18 - because I have actually never owned one
    Last edited by JEEP; 24-11-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    [/IMG]
    Dig the hat btw

Decided that my new Paramo smock is just too nice for a weekend around the campfire and rough working so looked for something that I wouldn't mind getting bashed about a bit. After some searching around I came across this

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/w...mock-812-p.asp

Just had it delivered and first impressions are that its not a bad bit of kit for the money. Comfortable and warm, not too noisy when wearing and should stand up to the abuse its going to get so I will let you know how it gets on. Might not be to everyones taste as the inner fleece is fixed, probably not that breathable and only shower proof but I might try a treatment with Nicwax and see what happens but for me this is my bushcraft top and technical abilities are less important, I could always take it off if I get too warm after all.

Other items delivered - neoprene cocoon for my UCO lantern, 9 hour candles for the same and permanent match lighter. First class service from The Bushcraft Store, delivered next day as promised.

Just waiting for delivery number two

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Dig the hat btw
    Thanks Jakob.

Delivery number two arrived!

With thanks from Backpackinglight for another speedy, as promised, next day delivery -

Nice and shiney Honey Stove. Was going to get as xmas pressie but couldn't wait so will have to ask for a hammock instead

Fold flat pack grill Enables me to use the Honey Stove to cook more than one thing at a time.

Evernew titanium trivet fits on the trangia meths stove.

With this new setup, and a couple of titanium pots that are next on the list, I should have a nice diverse and relatively lightweight cookset that will allow me to use wood where available or fall back onto meths when needed. I also have the option of using both with the new trivet and an ally windshield that I already have.

Nice touch from Backpackinglight - a card detailing their guarantee and returns policy with a handwritten note and a free pack of Skittles! I was just getting peckish. Very good service.

(Edit - the skittles are lovely )
    Last edited by jus_young; 24-11-2011 at 01:05 PM.

an older Apollo mountain bike with panniers in generally excellent condition...............£12.50 from that auction site, Im going to use it for bushcrafting, much easier than finding parking for the car
    [