Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Mountain life Duo cookset, to go with my solo : £8.99.
    Checked the solo cooksets in store, but they were still at £4.99, so decided one of each is enough for me lol.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Keen messenger bag
    Keen Austin shoes

Both free product samples

Aladdin food flask from Dunelm mill http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/alad...d-flask-120769

Also a second-hand VW Polo diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    I got a job lot of these (10 for £5) from Millets, before they were bought by JD Sports and were flogging everything off cheap, which was handy.

In my experience, I have found that they are not the easiest matches to strike a light with. When lit, they do hold their flame in strong winds, but the life of the flame wasn't very long. Handy for lighting a burner, to make a brew up on a windy hill, but you might struggle to light a fire with them (well I would).

I'd be interested to know what you make of them.

Cheers,

Colin

Generally my experience with windproof matches are along the same lines; these are no exeption really.

They do, however, light better, when wet, than any other windproof matches I have tried.

Soulpad 4000 lite & a Frontier woodburning stove courtesy of the tax man.

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Generally my experience with windproof matches are along the same lines; these are no exeption really.

They do, however, light better, when wet, than any other windproof matches I have tried.
    Having tested them at tonights scout meeting, where we lid fires in drizzwling rain, I might add the following:

1. These matches are quite hard to light on the striking surface provided on the container. This is due to the heavy coating on the matches. If you use a coarser strinking surface, the problem is less evident.
    2. Due to the fact that they need to apply quite some force to light the matches, they are rather are prone to break.
    3. The container is really nice. I will definitely refill it with a less heavily coated brand of windproof matches, once it is empty.

I have been looking at getting a smaller pack for a while and after serious consideration decided that the Osprey Exos 46 would be ideal http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/produc...rlight/exos_46
    The problem has always been the price and I could not justify paying over £100 for a backpack. I kept looking at the GoOutdoors site to see if prices were dropping any further when I spotted their 'beat any other supplier by 10%' pledge so after a quick look on the web to find the cheapest price, went to GoOutdoors today armed with my proof of a cheaper supplier and got myself a nice bit knocked off the already discounted price. All of a sudden its less than £100 and I don't feel so bad now

It's still a lot, but well done for getting it for not quite so much lol. They are fantastic packs though.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel