Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Which stove are you planning on using the windshield on Adz? Have one of those myself, but it's no good for my little stoves. One is too low, which makes the shield heat up, and in turn heats up the top of the canister where it touches/clips on, and the F1 Lite throws the flame too wide, resulting in the same thing
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage View Post
    Which stove are you planning on using the windshield on Adz? Have one of those myself, but it's no good for my little stoves. One is too low, which makes the shield heat up, and in turn heats up the top of the canister where it touches/clips on, and the F1 Lite throws the flame too wide, resulting in the same thing
    I'll be using my Optimus Crux bud. The guy in this and another video uses same setup and height looks about perfect. Its a really good stove, very light and the head also folds up.

Last edited by ADz; 16-02-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post
    I'll be using my Optimus Crux bud. The guy in this and another video uses same setup and height looks about perfect. Its a really good stove, very light and the head also folds up.

I've seen a few people using the crux with the shield. Looks like a good little setup.
    The stove I use mostly is the Alpkit Kraku. Has a good controllable output, and only weighs 35g. Fit's in the MSR Titan cup, with a Trangia burner, and heatproof disc too. Tiny little thing

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage View Post
    I've seen a few people using the crux with the shield. Looks like a good little setup.
    The stove I use mostly is the Alpkit Kraku. Has a good controllable output, and only weighs 35g. Fit's in the MSR Titan cup, with a Trangia burner, and heatproof disc too. Tiny little thing
    Looks a great stove, Titanium too

Just got an amazing package from Adam, containing three vintage stoves and a WWII clasp knife

Thanks man, you're the best!

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Just got an amazing package from Adam, containing three vintage stoves and a WWII clasp knife

Thanks man, you're the best!
    No problem mate. Glad to finally get the knife sent over at last lol

A pair of Norwegian army wind proof canvas over mittens. Just need to find some wool mittens to go inside them :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    A pair of Norwegian army wind proof canvas over mittens. Just need to find some wool mittens to go inside them :-)
    Just had a look at my old army mittens. And this newer model is way better. The old ones only wen't midway up to my elbow, but these go all the way up to the elbow. And they are easier to put on as well. So I've changed the inner wool mittens over from the old to the new for now, as I beliieve the army has never changed them as something better has never been found.

The old pair I'll put some felted wool mittens my mom made for me into. That way I have a spare set :-)

In the pictures is old and new. You can see the trigger finger too :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1021.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	11625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1024.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	11626
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 18-02-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Oh how easy it is,with the internet!!Another Damascus bladed knife Mammoth boned handle.Bargain as its handle has a scratch???I can't find it.No file work on the 4" blade or handle.but nice inlaid "pins",bone has that lovely mellow glow.
    An adapter to fit surpressor to gun,Also a reflex,red/green dot sight for my MPA shotgun.
    A set of adapters To convert,12,to 20bore.20 to .44,12 to .410bore.Etc.
    All Bargains.lol
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

As I stood in lidl weighing up the cheap basket (usualy something decent in there) my eyes saw a medium car cover for 3 now like the rest of you Ime not thinking oh I could cover my car with that, Ime reading 175wx440lx120h water repellent and durable polyester ! mmm what can I do with this ? another hammock, a small bender cover, a tent, pouches, backpack cover, ground sheet, tarp or even a poncho maybe but at 3 it was coming home with me for whatever it does in the future ! or I could use it on the car lol I also got one of those multi tools that sands, saws and scrapes
    Last edited by Rasputin; 24-02-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.